Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bait

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
Hi guys, quick question:
just finished editing a video with Final Cut Express and my hard disk is pretty full.
I've already made back-ups and cleaned up the document folder that the program uses to store renders and autosave files, but still a lot of space is taken.
Somebody told me to delete FCE generated files from the library, is it useful? If yes how does it work? Where do I find these files ?
Thanks for your help: :)

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Hi guys, quick question:
just finished editing a video with Final Cut Express and my hard disk is pretty full.
I've already made back-ups and cleaned up the document folder that the program uses to store renders and autosave files, but still a lot of space is taken.
Somebody told me to delete FCE generated files from the library, is it useful? If yes how does it work? Where do I find these files ?
Thanks for your help: :)

visit versiontracker and dload 'whatsize'. free program to show exactly where your space went. you can delete from within their find. i use it and love it. great little app.

bait

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 8, 2006
visit versiontracker and dload 'whatsize'. free program to show exactly where your space went. you can delete from within their find. i use it and love it. great little app.

Thanks Keebler I'll try that...;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.