Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BadlyDrawnGirl

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
New Zealand
Okay, I know this has been a bit over-discussed, but I'm trying to tidy up my trusty iBook (circa early 2005) and I wanted to get rid of the dreaded "wrist-rest" marks below the keyboard, but there's also some smudging on the outer corners of the trackpad. I read a post somewhere on here that warned against using Magic Erasers on the trackpad because it would cause it to stop working?? Is there any truth to this, and if so is there anything else I can use to clean that particular area? Thanks!

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
BadlyDrawnGirl said:
Okay, I know this has been a bit over-discussed, but I'm trying to tidy up my trusty iBook (circa early 2005) and I wanted to get rid of the dreaded "wrist-rest" marks below the keyboard, but there's also some smudging on the outer corners of the trackpad. I read a post somewhere on here that warned against using Magic Erasers on the trackpad because it would cause it to stop working?? Is there any truth to this, and if so is there anything else I can use to clean that particular area? Thanks!

i think the problem is getting water in the trackpad... be careful around that particular area...

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
Electro Funk said:
i think the problem is getting water in the trackpad... be careful around that particular area...

Yes, just use a tad of water on the sponge - otheriwse you flood the trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.