Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arliu

macrumors regular
May 1, 2011
Power support air jacket beats all of these. The price is just a bit steep

Giuly

macrumors 68040
Why didn't anyone mention the SGP Ultra Thin Air?
41N1XSMy2oL._SS550_.jpg
20% off today makes this so tempting. Anything special about Spigen over all these other clear cases? I mean, at least they say it's made in Korea, but still not USA.

If you put your ear to it, you can hear it play Gangnam Style :)

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Luvvitt FROST Soft Case for iPhone 5 - Frost

http://amzn.com/B0092F8FWO

It's not completely clear but it looks great on the phone. I also got the KaysCase and Diztronic High Gloss Clear (Frosted Matte Inside) Flexible TPU Case.

I haven't received the KaysCase yet but so far I like the Luvvitt a little better thatn the Diztronic.

Short review:
Luvvitt - Frosted on inside back, glossy on back, clear gloss on sides and top. Fits perfectly (even around my bestskinsever iPhone 5 Total Body Skin with Case Optimized Screen Skin, which has skins all around the sides, back, and front)

Diztronic - Frosted all the way around on the inside, and glossy on the outside. Fits perfectly (even around my bestskinsever iPhone 5 Total Body Skin with Case Optimized Screen Skin, which has skins all around the sides, back, and front)

Conclusion:
Frost on Diztronic is not as clear as the Luvvitt so I ended up choosing the Luvvitt for now because I wanted something minimal and somewhat clear without being completely clear. The completely clear cases (ie.-Rocketfish clear TPU) tend to stick to the back of my skins and cause some ugly stickiness.

Pictures:

Pic 1 - Diztronic on Right, Luvvitt on left
Pic 2 - Diztronic on top, Luvvitt on bottom

If I get the KaysCase soon, I'll post a pic of that one too next to the other two.

I'm debating between the Luvitt Frost and the Diztronic. Which one's buttons (especially the sleep/wake button) are more tactile/clicky and easier to press?

tangfj

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2008
I'm debating between the Luvitt Frost and the Diztronic. Which one's buttons (especially the sleep/wake button) are more tactile/clicky and easier to press?

I actually ended up with the kayscase. Easily my favorite among them all. The buttons are super easy to press and the case just looks great IMO.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
I actually ended up with the kayscase. Easily my favorite among them all. The buttons are super easy to press and the case just looks great IMO.

Since the Kayscase has a fully open bottom, I don't think it is right for me. But between the Diztronic and Luvitt, which one's buttons are easier to press?

Also, I was wondering which case's back is less tacky/sticky.

Last edited:

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
Anyone know where the idAmerica ice case is made? I know the name should state the obvious, but you never know these days. It looks like the perfect two piece crystal clear case..

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
Anyone know where the idAmerica ice case is made? I know the name should state the obvious, but you never know these days. It looks like the perfect two piece crystal clear case..

New York :) They have an actual store there too . I looked into it, and yes, that case is calling my name. Although the logo on the case is buggin me.

Last edited:

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California

mpgolfpro

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Anyone have any advice for a crystal clear tpu case that is soft and flexible and not the hard snap in cases. Ive ordered a couple from ebay which have been cheap and just ok. The first one I got fit really well but the sides were rounded and bugged me. Also the buttons were hard to push. The second one had flat sides like I want but was a little too small so the fit was bad.

So any advice for a clear tpu soft case that fits perfect, has flat edges, and the buttons are easy to push. Seems like this would be something easy to manufacture but I've had a tough time finding one.

Thanks for the help.

mpgolfpro

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
Anyone have any advice for a crystal clear tpu case that is soft and flexible and not the hard snap in cases. Ive ordered a couple from ebay which have been cheap and just ok. The first one I got fit really well but the sides were rounded and bugged me. Also the buttons were hard to push. The second one had flat sides like I want but was a little too small so the fit was bad.

So any advice for a clear tpu soft case that fits perfect, has flat edges, and the buttons are easy to push. Seems like this would be something easy to manufacture but I've had a tough time finding one.

Thanks for the help.

So no one has any advice for me?

bwerner25

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2012
Texas
So no one has any advice for me?

I picked up a rocketfish mobile clear soft shell case at Best Buy yesterday. I'm really liking it so far. It's not super hard but not soft either. It was only $25. I'll probably end up keeping it when my sector 5 arrives as a back up. I'll put up some pics in a minute or two.

image_zpsc79e44c4.jpg

image_zps35757722.jpg

image_zps05098deb.jpg

Last edited:

mpgolfpro

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2010
I've looked at that rocketfish case and it is basically exactly the same as the case I got off ebay for $5.00. The thing I don't like about it is the sides are rounded and the buttons are kind of hard to push. If you like the rocketfish, you should save yourself some money and pick up the one off ebay.

bwerner25

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2012
Texas
Yeah I might return it in a few days when my other case comes in. I knew I could get it on Amazon cheaper but I needed it right away. I definitely think it was the best one they had though. I realized later that it was rounded and you didn't want that. I don't use the volume buttons much so it doesn't affect me. I think the lock button works pretty good. Sorry I wasn't more help

Ame09

macrumors newbie
Dec 6, 2012
I just received my ITSKINS Ghost ordered Monday this week. Looks great... I owned before one SPG and GRIFFIN case for my Iphone 4S... This ITSKINS case is so unbelievably thin!!! I recommend to all!!

img6956bb.jpg

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
New York :) They have an actual store there too . I looked into it, and yes, that case is calling my name. Although the logo on the case is buggin me.

Just received my case... "Designed in New York. Made In China." :mad: Guess you didn't look into it enough.

Yeah, I ordered mine too. Ordered the dry ice version. Hopefully less finger prints . Let me know what you think about this case. I'll keep you posted too;)

I have already e-mailed id America requesting either an exchange or a full refund including pre-paid return postage so that I can return their product back to them. If I wanted to spend $20 or more dollars on a case, I'd expect more than just the same kind of quality (or lack thereof) that I can buy on eBay for ~$4. I'll stick with my Otterbox Commuter (first time's a charm, Assembled in USA, from ordering direct from Amazon) until I find something better.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    637.5 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:

maciosaddict

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2012
I got mine at http://www.iphoneshop.net They we're running it as there "daily deal" @ $7.50 for a while so you may want to check back to see if they run it again. They always have something for a steal.

As for the case I'm generally happy, it's no otterbox, but why hide such a beautiful phone with an ugly bulky case. I feel like the naked cases provide enough protection but keep the beauty.

Cosmos01

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2012
Just received my case... "Designed in New York. Made In China." :mad: Guess you didn't look into it enough.

I have already e-mailed id America requesting either an exchange or a full refund including pre-paid return postage so that I can return their product back to them. If I wanted to spend $20 or more dollars on a case, I'd expect more than just the same kind of quality (or lack thereof) that I can buy on eBay for ~$4. I'll stick with my Otterbox Commuter (first time's a charm, Assembled in USA, from ordering direct from Amazon) until I find something better.

Please post back here informing whether or not they agree to the pre-paid return postage. I have dealt with them before and they did not agree to it regarding a faulty product.

Nhwhazup

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2010
New Hampshire
I actually like the cheap eBay cases $1.58 in the frost color. They are super thin and fit extremely well. Also they are easy to put on and take off. They are actually pretty scratch resistant as well. I've tried a ton of white and clear cases and the cheap ones ended up being my favorites. I tried to get the Spigen in soft clear and ordered 3 different ones and still couldn't get one that wasn't scratched up out of the package. So I can only imagine what they would look like after a week.

S.L.

macrumors regular
Oct 2, 2012
USA
Please post back here informing whether or not they agree to the pre-paid return postage. I have dealt with them before and they did not agree to it regarding a faulty product.

They sent me a pre-paid UPS shipping label. I told them I was turned onto them by the MacRumors forums and that I was disappointed to report back my findings on here. I did say to them that if they could produce an Assembled in USA product that I would gladly take a replacement. Needless to say, they could not provide any alternative solution and just e-mailed me the return label.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.