Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mixman

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2011
I bought the 2011 13" MBA online (Apple Store) the week they came out. Straight delivery from China. Returned first order, settled on second assuming I had problems adjusting to it. Appears there's something more to it.

There's a click-issue, where the operating system / hardware does not detect clicks. It does not matter if I use the MBA's trackpad (click or tap) or an external Magic Trackpad. At random intervals, occurring daily, clicks will not register for a second or three.

How would I go about troubleshooting/repairing this MBA? I'm located in Finland where there are no physical Apple Stores, only authorized resellers.

forum user

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2008
Try to give the reseller closes to you a phone call, arrange a meeting and see what they tell you.

I cannot say I experience similar things. Most time when the computer is not reacting there is an explainable reason behind it. Usually the app is busy or something.

Have you tried to close all app, including those started at Login?

- Olaf

agentphish

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2004
Myself and my friend who has owned his 2011 air since launch day do not experience any issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.