Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nicrose

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
this is how i made clipping path: both the white bg and the logo were on the same layer. I selected white bg with wand then went to path palette, made the selection a work path. then i went to arrow menu and chose make clipping path. then I hit save. saved the psd as a tiff. set the compression to none. in indesign i chose "place" in menu,selected the file, and checked box that says apply photoshop clipping path. clicked open. thats when i got this crummy image. what's wrong here??? You can't even see the logo, just the outer edge of it and the white background. why?? my final output when I export as pdf cannot have any transparencies, all linked images must be flattened. I tried to make the clipping path with both a white and transparent bg, none of those solutions worked.

http://a523.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/21/m_7861726dee93a6e246f6c52b0578ac5a.jpg

any ideas?
thanks for the help.

nicrose

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Because it's clipping the inside? Try inverting the clipping from within InDesign.

Menu: Object>Clipping Path>Invert (towards bottom of dialogue box)

RCentilla

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2007
Go back to photoshop and start over, after you select the white bckground choose "inverse" in the "select" menu then you can do the steps you did with the making the selcetion a working path then 'save path' and then you can do the clipping path, then save the file and place in Indesign

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.