Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMule

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Greenville, SC
This is a slick iPad 2 case, but honestly, closing it is damn near impossible unless you gouge the top and bottom clip into your iPad. I think Marware needed to go with a better closing design. No doubt they did a good job on everything else...

I'm starting to wonder if I'm breaking in the case or the iPad... kinda like your eyes getting used to contacts. :)

Northman11

macrumors newbie
Apr 26, 2011
I had problems with mine and they sent me another one. The replacement worked MUCH better. Worth a try.

msindi

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2011
London, UK
I agree - closing it is a pain (got mine yesterday only for the one I got off Amazon UK to arrive today!!)... The gouging required is starting to take my back BodyGuardz off...
I got mine off eBay so not sure that return is an option.
Just ordered the Marware Microshell Folio to replace it...

I was also surprised with how much weight the hybrid adds!!

agpatel

macrumors member
May 16, 2011
Mine was the same way, i pulled on the top and bottom tabs a bit to open them up so they would not clamp so hard (just a little tug will do a few times). I close the bottom one first and push up on the top one and now it just snaps in, not too much pressure but still a very positive clip to ensure it is closed.

iMule

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Greenville, SC
Ok cool. Well, the first one I got from amazon was SUPER hard to secure the clips when closing. I tried to loosen them up a bit and one snapped, so I got a free replacement. This one seems better and like one of you said, I secure the top in and pull the bottom over.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.