1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Closing the CEO Hybrid (Near Impossible)

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iMule, May 16, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

This is a slick iPad 2 case, but honestly, closing it is damn near impossible unless you gouge the top and bottom clip into your iPad. I think Marware needed to go with a better closing design. No doubt they did a good job on everything else...

I'm starting to wonder if I'm breaking in the case or the iPad... kinda like your eyes getting used to contacts. :)

2. macrumors newbie

I had problems with mine and they sent me another one. The replacement worked MUCH better. Worth a try.

3. macrumors 6502

Try contacting them. If anything you could return it if still in the time frame.

4. macrumors member

I agree - closing it is a pain (got mine yesterday only for the one I got off Amazon UK to arrive today!!)... The gouging required is starting to take my back BodyGuardz off...
    I got mine off eBay so not sure that return is an option.
    Just ordered the Marware Microshell Folio to replace it...

I was also surprised with how much weight the hybrid adds!!

5. macrumors member

Mine was the same way, i pulled on the top and bottom tabs a bit to open them up so they would not clamp so hard (just a little tug will do a few times). I close the bottom one first and push up on the top one and now it just snaps in, not too much pressure but still a very positive clip to ensure it is closed.

6. macrumors 6502

Ok cool. Well, the first one I got from amazon was SUPER hard to secure the clips when closing. I tried to loosen them up a bit and one snapped, so I got a free replacement. This one seems better and like one of you said, I secure the top in and pull the bottom over.