Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 15, 2005
England
For no reason at all, my iPod died today. Plugged it in this morning and all that happened was the sad iPod logo came up and the hard drive made a weird crackling sound. At 14 months old I thought it was a little premature but being an idiot, I never bought insurance.

But here's where it gets well... weird. My sister's boyfriend has the exact same iPod... in fact we bought it from the same shop on the same day. And guess what happened today? His iPod died too, the same sad iPod logo and the same crackling sound. Now maybe it's just me, but does that not sound a little odd?

Must.Get.nano!

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2005
BlizzardBomb said:
For no reason at all, my iPod died today. Plugged it in this morning and all that happened was the sad iPod logo came up and the hard drive made a weird crackling sound. At 14 months old I thought it was a little premature but being an idiot, I never bought insurance.

But here's where it gets well... weird. My sister's boyfriend has the exact same iPod... in fact we bought it from the same shop on the same day. And guess what happened today? His iPod died too, the same sad iPod logo and the same crackling sound. Now maybe it's just me, but does that not sound a little odd?

Sounds like apple's dirty little secret #2 to me... :(

iPaul

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I'm not one for conspiracy theories so I would assume there was just a bad batch in the production line and they went to the same place.

barneygumble

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2005
BlizzardBomb said:

Muhahahahahahahahahah, you have cracked onto apples evil plan, put timer chips in all new ipods to have them cack out on you after 366 days :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.