Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dannnyh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Manchester, UK
Finally the new iBook appears on John Lewis website. Rang my local store and they've got one in stock which arrived this morning. 2 Mins later and it's reserved for me to collect tonight. :) :) :) :)

Wanna go home on the sick now and go and pick it up.

Jeeeessss, is it 5 o'clock yet?

dannnyh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Manchester, UK
Fun, Guess i'm what you would call a "Halo Effect" Switcher. Started looking after I had bought my ipod. Loved the iLife software and then started reading forums like this. Then got involved with "iBook updates next tuesday" fiasco back in about April. Almost gave up and went PC but then they arrived and since then i've been waiting for The John Lewis store to stock them as you get a 2 year warranty from them. Finally it's here.

DJY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Canberra AUST
I remember this feeling!!!

sigh - tis a great day mate!
Only two differences between you and me was I went for a PB not an iBook...
and I didn't wait till 5 o'clock... I just went! Meant that I got back to work, closed my office door and drewled over my new toy!

20rogersc

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2005
Brighton, UK
DJY said:
I remember this feeling!!!

sigh - tis a great day mate!
Only two differences between you and me was I went for a PB not an iBook...
and I didn't wait till 5 o'clock... I just went! Meant that I got back to work, closed my office door and drewled over my new toy!
SO do I - its the best feeling ever!! Until to actually open it and play on it :D Congrats on the iBook, you'll love it!

::20ROGERSC::

dannnyh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 9, 2005
Manchester, UK
43gb out of 60gb!!! whoooaaaa, harsh!!!

Still, not going to let that bother me (yet, anyway) when i'm still enjoying open the box for the first time, peeling away at each layer and finally reaching my new toy.

Bad weather this weekend? Excellent, I'll just have to stay in then!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.