Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterapple04

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 26, 2004
Massachusetts, USA
So, I know the thread title is likely frightening to a small group of people, but those are the ones I want to hear now.

Who here is a college-bound senior in high school? Where did you apply, and where have you been accepted?

Just interested to see who has gone through the same hell as I have in the last few months.

My schools: Rensselaer, Colby, Colgate, Boston College, Worcester Polytechnic, U Chicago, Clark U, and Princeton. So far, I've got into Rensselaer, and I'm anxiously waiting for the others. :cool:

Edit: If anyone is a grad of any of the schools I've applied to, I'd love to hear what you have to say about them. I still have no final decision of any kind.

Sathos

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2005
Alberta, Canada
I'm currently in grade 12, applying for college. I'm afraid out of my mind :) I've applied for Mt. Royal College, and SAIT, still waiting for replies from both of them. Apparently I have a great chance of being accepted, but I'm still incredibly nervous.

mlw1235

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2004
Milwaukee, WI
I've applied at UniWisc-Madison (that's right Party School!!) and Marquette University.

I've been accepted into Madison and MU is still well....deciding, I'm not too worried though. The money situation is a lot more worrisome than the schools themselves.

goodtimes5

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2004
Bay Area
I've only applied to UCs: Irvine, Davis, San Diego, Los Angeles, and Berkeley.

Admission decisions have not come out yet.

College doesn't really seem that intimidating right now, but that could just be because it hasn't really sunk in yet that this is my last year until total freedom. All I know is that I'm trying to thoroughly enjoy senior year. Senioritis, woo.

Quantum Man

macrumors member
Jan 3, 2006
New York
I went to RPI straight out of high school for 2 years before transferring. I was an aeronautical engineer major. What is your intended major? If it is in the engineering field, then be prepared to do the MOST homework you've ever done in your life x10000. :D There are tons of clubs to join that meet regularly on campus where you can meet people and make friends. However socially, the vast majority of people are how can I say, "nerds" :D, so that may or may not be a shocker or you might just fit right in. ;) :p Academically it is very competitive and I found myself going to the TA or Prof's office hours for a lot of extra help often. But you will obtain a great quality education in engineering should you decide to go there. Oh yeah and if you do decide to go there, request "Barton Hall" as your dorm for your freshman year, its a freshmen only dormitory and you will be the envy of all your new friends freshmen year. :D

Brother Michael

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2004
goodtimes5 said:
but that could just be because it hasn't really sunk in yet that this is my last year until total freedom.

You would be surprised at how much of your total freedom isn't exactly total...

...unless you took out all the loans/earned enough scholarships to take care of yourself, you and your parents are still fairly joined at the hip.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
I am in college right now (Washington State University). Think about what you want to do with your future and see which school has the best program for that. I want to be a comm major and WSU was ranked in the top 5 in communication teaching. College is as fun as you make it, but dont go overboard. I party and drink on some weekends, but not to the point where I pass out or anything. My friend on the other hand gets plastered every night and dropped out his first semester. The work is not that much harder but you have to plan more. You will have fun, no worries.

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Apps out to:

St. Andrews (Scotland)
Amherst
Bates
Bowdoin
Hamilton
Skidmore
Washington & Jefferson
Kenyon
UConn
Union

No particular order.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Want to go to UCSB, UCI, UCSC, UCLA. Maybe UofM

My girlfriend applied to Boston College, didn't get in to the early admissions. Weird, because she comes from a very very very wealthy family, her Dad didn't understand why she didn't get in, and the Mayor of Boston called her dad, along with the Admissions director. They said that they had 30% more female applicants this year, and that she didn't cut it...

so, she will go to University of Washington.

cycocelica

macrumors 68000
Apr 28, 2005
Redmond, WA
MacAztec said:
Want to go to UCSB, UCI, UCSC, UCLA. Maybe UofM

My girlfriend applied to Boston College, didn't get in to the early admissions. Weird, because she comes from a very very very wealthy family, her Dad didn't understand why she didn't get in, and the Mayor of Boston called her dad, along with the Admissions director. They said that they had 30% more female applicants this year, and that she didn't cut it...

so, she will go to University of Washington.

boo! Huskies suck! Cougars are where its at!

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Go to Colorado State now, did apply and was accepted to university of colorado, university of kansas, embry riddle, and stanford. Final decision came down to cost and quality of program and csu is highly regarded in mechanical engineering so I went there. I do not regret a second of it either

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.