Coming in January: "Month of Apple Bugs"

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CEAbiscuit, Dec 19, 2006.

1. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Let's see first how many and what kind of bugs they find.

I'd be worried if I were Apple though, especially after the month of kernel bugs.
    I'd have a team ready to work out any bug that is critical the day it appears on their page.

They should employ people like him though that do nothing else than hack systems and then fix the things they find. Should be best practice.

3. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

And I thought Apple was secure until I saw the kernal bugs thing and now there yet another! Im hoping there wont be many.

4. 4nr- macrumors regular

4nr-

in general, is this a good thing or a bad thing?

5. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

id say its a good thing as Apple can fix the bugs in future updates.

6. rstorm macrumors regular

I believe it is a good thing. No OS is perfect and anything found can then be fixed.

7. CEAbiscuit thread starter macrumors 6502a

CEAbiscuit

I personally think it's good to have someone outside of Apple doing these types of exercises..This is kind of an "independent audit," an unbaised review of vulnerabilities. A paycheck would simply ruin the effectiveness.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's good to have an outside source of information, but who knows whether it's unbiased or not. Someone could have Apple chasing shadows, just because they don't like the company.

I'm all for getting the things fixed. There are still a couple of bugs that really need to be addressed months ago. Speaking of which, there was just a Security Update released. :)

9. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

I feel it's a good thing, I just hope that it's not as sensationalized as the MoKB was. There was some definite FUD being pushed there. I look forward to what LMH brings to the table. UNFORTUNATELY for him, Leopard will likely be out sooner rather than later, and some of his MoABs will be moot at best.