Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Diatribe

macrumors 601
Jan 8, 2004
Back in the motherland
Let's see first how many and what kind of bugs they find.

I'd be worried if I were Apple though, especially after the month of kernel bugs.
I'd have a team ready to work out any bug that is critical the day it appears on their page.

They should employ people like him though that do nothing else than hack systems and then fix the things they find. Should be best practice.

PowerFullMac

macrumors 601
Oct 16, 2006
And I thought Apple was secure until I saw the kernal bugs thing and now there yet another! Im hoping there wont be many.

CEAbiscuit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 28, 2006
The Kitchen
I personally think it's good to have someone outside of Apple doing these types of exercises..This is kind of an "independent audit," an unbaised review of vulnerabilities. A paycheck would simply ruin the effectiveness.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
I personally think it's good to have someone outside of Apple doing these types of exercises..This is kind of an "independent audit," an unbaised review of vulnerabilities. A paycheck would simply ruin the effectiveness.

It's good to have an outside source of information, but who knows whether it's unbiased or not. Someone could have Apple chasing shadows, just because they don't like the company.

I'm all for getting the things fixed. There are still a couple of bugs that really need to be addressed months ago. Speaking of which, there was just a Security Update released. :)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I feel it's a good thing, I just hope that it's not as sensationalized as the MoKB was. There was some definite FUD being pushed there. I look forward to what LMH brings to the table. UNFORTUNATELY for him, Leopard will likely be out sooner rather than later, and some of his MoABs will be moot at best.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.