Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lordnemesis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
Is there any free/commercial tool for comparing Nib files. Like if I have some Nib files in a base repository and I modified some of the Nibs in a local directory. I need to see what Nibs have actually changed and in those Nibs, what Dialogs or Menus have changed. Does Apple Glot have this functionality. I understand that nibTool can extract the strings from the Dialogs and Menus. But it is commandline tool. The person who localizes the Dialogs is expected to give a localzied nib file. But he must have a way to know what Nibs have changed and Specifically what dialogs he has to localize. basically looking for a Diff and Merge tool for Nibs.

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I don't think this does exactly what you want (but maybe it does) but it's certainly designed to help the process you are talking about:

Localization Suite

I must admit I've never used it but it's on my list of things to download and try...

lordnemesis

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2005
robbieduncan said:
I don't think this does exactly what you want (but maybe it does) but it's certainly designed to help the process you are talking about:

Localization Suite

I must admit I've never used it but it's on my list of things to download and try...

Thanks for the link. But I am basically looking for a simple Diff/Compare tool first.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.