Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dobbs2

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
I have the 35 watt charger. It's not super fast. My Wife has a MacBook Pro with Mag safe as well.

Trying to travel light when we have to. Is there a charger we can both use, and which one to charge faster than the 35 watt one?

someoneoutthere

macrumors 6502
Jul 27, 2014
Someplaceoutthere
Your MacBook Air can be paired with the 70W Power Adapter for fast charging.
If your wife has a 14" MBP, it shipped with the 96W Power Adapter (16" MBP ships with the 140W adapter), so you can pack just that and use the same charger for the MBA+MBP while you are traveling.

Reactions: G5isAlive

Torty

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2013
What's the minimum? Is it possible to charge the MBA from a 12W USB charger via USB-A to USB-C cable?

Bigwaff

Contributor
Sep 20, 2013
Is it possible to charge the MBA from a 12W USB charger via USB-A to USB-C cable?
Yes, but if you use it at the same time as you are charging it, you will use more battery charge than the power adapter can supply, so a net loss. Charging MBA will take a long time if let it sit, but it will charge.

Reactions: rocketbuc and Torty

krspkbl

macrumors 68020
Jul 20, 2012
if the charger brick has a USB-C port then it's compatible.

i use a 40W anker nano pro. for me 40W is enough and the charger is probably as small as you're gonna get. you want more power then it's gonna be bigger.

edit: apparently the nano 2 can do 65W and is about the same size.

arktika06

macrumors newbie
Mar 18, 2022
if the charger brick has a USB-C port then it's compatible.

i use a 40W anker nano pro. for me 40W is enough and the charger is probably as small as you're gonna get. you want more power then it's gonna be bigger.

edit: apparently the nano 2 can do 65W and is about the same size.

Hey,
can you use the usb-c/magsafe charging cable with this Anker nano charger?

I've seen some reviews indicating that this cable doesn't work with these nano chargers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.