Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stcizzle

macrumors regular
May 20, 2011
NH, USA
Vaja cases

Does anyone have or know much about the Vaja La Pelle??

I like how it seems slimmer than he Nuova Pelle but I'm afraid it maybe 2 pieces adhered together and I don't want the risk of splitting apart like the surface pad.

I can't tell by the pictures if it's a single piece of leather or not.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

BubbleBoom

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2013
iPhone Minimalist Sleeve

iphone-5s-iphone-5c-iphone-5-sleeve

I really like the way the this sleeve looks. Need to decide the color I will get :D

http://www.etsy.com/listing/110873477/iphone-5s-iphone-5c-iphone-5-sleeve?ref=shop_home_active

meistervu

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2008
Anyone got the new Atelier PALL iPhone Wallet?
http://atelierpall.com/

They seem to have dropped the mono version. But the duo looks nice it has -1 layer of leather and a bottom hole for charging and pushing the phone out. They say the rolled edge now helps to push volume buttons. Cool :D Opinions?

I don't think the hole at the bottom is necessary. For charging and headphone use, I put the phone in top first so all the ports are exposed. I don't have a problem pulling the phone out with no hole at the bottom of the pouch. If I were to buy another one (tempted, a different color) I would prefer the version with no hole at the bottom.

By the way, I have the duo version for almost a year now. I wrote a few reviews on it and you can find them on this thread. I am completely satisfied with it. I find it practical and beautiful for everyday use. I don't carry a separate wallet anymore. It still look as excellent as when it was broken in after a few months.

Popsie

macrumors member
Jan 4, 2009
Ghent, Belgium
Does anyone have or know much about the Vaja La Pelle??

I like how it seems slimmer than he Nuova Pelle but I'm afraid it maybe 2 pieces adhered together and I don't want the risk of splitting apart like the surface pad.

I can't tell by the pictures if it's a single piece of leather or not.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

It is a single piece of leather. I have it and ordered yesterday the Nuova Pelle for my 5s.
From the reviews i've read, the Nuova should be thinner then La Pelle (which is already very thin). In 20 days i'll let you know :)

Bootsie

macrumors 6502a
Jan 23, 2008
Utah

Attachments

• iphone pouch.JPG
    iphone pouch.JPG
    160.4 KB · Views: 183

Tfb

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2012
Just ordered myself Little Pocket Book from the official Pad & Quill website, their customer service is great so far, quick response to any of my questions and even offering me a discount on their express shipping.

Can't wait after much searching around for that perfect wallet/case combo, using BookBook and returning it, looking on Etsy.

Will post an update once I get mine.

I've had Pad & Quill cases for my iPhone 4 and 5. I love them and think they're very practical and look great *BUT* the stitches in the wallet part fell apart pretty quickly (along the bottom pocket), which really annoyed me for such an expensive (to me) case. It's still working all right though and I haven't found anything better yet.

BubbleBoom

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2013
I saw this same one and decided I could make something similar myself so this is what I ended up with... I think it turned out ok for my first try.

Quick photo taken with my iPad so you could see the phone in it...

Nice one! :) I will get a sleeve from Bholsa on etsy and also a matching iPhone sleeve. Thank you for sharing

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Jan 28, 2009
UK
After a cheap wallet case for iPhone 5/5s. I want like the ipocket wallet whereby you slide the iPhone into a pocket on the wallet, not clip it into a plastic surround if that makes sense.

I only want it for nights out, I have other cases I use day to day, Apple leather one, media devil pouch, griffin reveal, to put phone and notes and a credit card in. Don't want it expensive, ideally in UK. The ipocket wallet is too expensive for my needs

Cheers

stevenvw

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2010
Thanks for the reply! I think the case is new because I couldn't find any sales of it on their Etsy website.

I emailed Atelier Pall the same day I posted here and got an almost immediate reply. I wanted to know if it accommodated a bumper on the iPhone. They replied they could make a slightly larger case if I wanted it...all within about 5 minutes of my email! Pretty amazing given it must have been 11 p.m. over there in Romania!

In the end I went with the case shown in my initial post and it's on it's way now. Had my name engraved on the inside of the case for grins. I'm really impressed with Atelier Pall's customer service and friendliness. They get kudos just for that!

Oh, I used Atelier Pall's Etsy website rather than their corporate website because the case was a $1 less on Etsy and they offered a bonus headphone case for free. Can't wait! :D

I too have a Atelier Pall case (the duo) and I am very pleased with it. I use it combined with the new iPhone5S case from Apple. Fits like a glove.

I can relate to the customer service story. Emailed them about an iPad case I wanted to buy and they replied almost immidiately. By the way: you get the complementary headphone case on their site too :)

Fhaoilgeal

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
Thanks for your reply!

I may try the Apple leather case with the Atelier Pall case...though I got the AP case specifically to try the phone naked, and that was their recommendation as well. Still, a little extra protection wouldn't hurt! Thanks for the idea! :)

willsterstyle

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2007
I too have a Atelier Pall case (the duo) and I am very pleased with it. I use it combined with the new iPhone5S case from Apple. Fits like a glove.

I can relate to the customer service story. Emailed them about an iPad case I wanted to buy and they replied almost immidiately. By the way: you get the complementary headphone case on their site too :)

Just a quick q regarding the Atelier Pall duo case. You mentioned that you were able to fit the 5S with Apple Leather case into the Atelier Pall. Did you get a custom one to fit with a case on or just the regular sizing?

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Just a quick q regarding the Atelier Pall duo case. You mentioned that you were able to fit the 5S with Apple Leather case into the Atelier Pall. Did you get a custom one to fit with a case on or just the regular sizing?

The mono case won't fit with the apple leather case on, too tight. The duo just has the extra opening on the back maybe that makes the pocket for the phone bigger. The inside leather on the atelier pal is natural and i reckon would rub the leather off the sides of the apple case if using a lot.
If you want something to use with the apple leather case i would look for something in felt.

ryangoldfire

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2013

The mono/duo was referring to one/two side pockets for cash and cards. For the case version they have one that is wider to make a comfortable fit. 1cm in total I think and it does fit with the apple leather case quite nicely. no rubbing on the leather with the larger version, either. anyway i got double screen shields for my 5S now and I like it better (it's the set with the 3 separate layers for the back). fit's nice in my old Atelier Pall wallet.

Donoghan

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
Atlanta, GA
Here's the one I use, made by me! (shameless plug --> http://www.yardandsons.com) I've been making them for a couple of years but just never posted anything on here about it. I hope it's okay that I'm doing so now.

It's oily pull-up leather, lined in charcoal gray felt. Hand stitched with one continuous thread. The card pocket stretches to fit 3-4 cards easy. I use it with 4 cards. You can of course put the phone in upside down so that the speaker, Lightning connector, etc., are exposed for quick access. I put mine in upside down and facing the back so that when I go to pull it out while it's in my pocket my thumb is already on the home button as I pull it out.

Anyway, it's rugged and durable. Not everyone's taste, but I started making them for myself and friends and decided to start offering them on Etsy. Just thought I'd share.

Cheers.

Last edited:

Elixer

macrumors regular
Aug 15, 2006
I'm thinking of trying something new and getting this one from Atelier Pall. I've been wanting to ditch the classic wallet for a while and this seem like the best way to do it. I see good things about the company but has anyone used this one specifically?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2013-10-11 at 10.46.31 AM.png
    Screen shot 2013-10-11 at 10.46.31 AM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 148

ryangoldfire

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2013
I'm thinking of trying something new and getting this one from Atelier Pall. I've been wanting to ditch the classic wallet for a while and this seem like the best way to do it. I see good things about the company but has anyone used this one specifically?

Why don't you buy the one with snaps, opens wide for easy access. If you like this particular colors, ask for a custom piece, they are friendly craftsmen.
Does anyone else find it difficult pushing buttons through apple's leather case?

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Why don't you buy the one with snaps, opens wide for easy access. If you like this particular colors, ask for a custom piece, they are friendly craftsmen.
Does anyone else find it difficult pushing buttons through apple's leather case?

no better than naked.

Robster3

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2012
Is there anything out there like the Spigen Snap which has a case that detaches with the phone? I'd get the Spigen but it's out of stock.

I don't know but my wife had the case, the old version that doesn't come off and the plastic edges broke off in a few places. Leather is slippery and feels a bit cheap. Didn't last a year.
She has the twelve south bookbook now which is better than i thought. Was a freebie from Apple.

JTausTX

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
Dallas, Texas
I have looked at Pad & Quill cases for a while, and they seem really good. Has anyone used any of their wallet cases - the Little Pocket Book, Luxury Pocket Book, or Bella Fino. I think these look like a better quality than BookBook cases. In particular, how thick are they? I am currently using an Otterbox commuter, but would like a leather flip case if it isn't too bulky in my front pocket.

I'm also interested in other alternatives like the Kanam5W wallet case.

slapppy

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2008
I saw this same one and decided I could make something similar myself so this is what I ended up with... I think it turned out ok for my first try.

Quick photo taken with my iPad so you could see the phone in it...

Very nice! It's deep enough to have the iPhone in there completely so it protects the corners for light drop. That's why I never got the other sleeves. The corners are all exposed.

bluesboy77

macrumors member
Nov 24, 2007
Idaho
Hi! you should pull the trigger on it. They make reliable and durable cases. Had one for the iPhone 5 and it's still great now for my 5S upgrade. But I did not noticed this new one, must be a new design. I like :D makes me reconsider an update too.

I have a Duo, but I just picked up this new design and absolutely love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.