Compilations in iTunes....

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Abstract, Jul 3, 2005.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I usually have my library sorted by Artist. However, I want compilations to show up together in my library.

When I select a bunch of songs from a compilation and go to "GET INFO", there is a checkbox that asks if these files are a part of a compilation. I check the box and say "Yes." Surely this serves a role of some sort, because I can't see what the point is. :confused:

2. mmmdreg macrumors 65816

mmmdreg

If you have iTunes organising your music files, it will place all those checked as compilations into YourMusicFolder/Compilations/Album/Song rather than YourMusicFolder/Artist/Album/Song. So I guess it just serves as an organisational tool..

3. jMc macrumors 6502

jMc

It allows you to browse compilations when in the Browse mode. There's a preference for it in the General pane of iTunes prefs. It also allows you to recognise compilations in Smart Playlists. It doesn't however affect the normal library view, unfortunately...

jx

4. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

if you are "browsing" you can set the preference to have iTunes group compilations under the artist "compilations" and then you can pick the album.

5. gco212 macrumors 6502

Are there any hacks that would enable a featured artist to be put in, without actually making it an entirely new artist.

6. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

no, but many people put the featured artist with the song title.