Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Emiel1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
The Netherlands
I'm buying a new macbook as soon as possible and I want to make sure i'm not transferring the problems this one has to the new one.
The things my macbook does now that I don't appreciate and want to leave with this one:
- Shut down at 80 percent battery left (battery status is normal)
- Pretend to be really busy and not responding until reboot while doing nothing special.

I am pretty sure this comes due to some stuff in te software because it is still an up to date machine ( 8gb 3ghz and ssd)

Should I be fine recovering my apps and my documents with time machine or is it better to do everything manual?

JTToft

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2010
Aarhus, Denmark
If your issues are software related, in all likelihood they have to do with your OS installation, not your personal data. The OS isn't brought over during a standard Time Machine restore during the Setup Assistant process, so it should be fine.

Emiel1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2016
The Netherlands
If your issues are software related, in all likelihood they have to do with your OS installation, not your personal data. The OS isn't brought over during a standard Time Machine restore during the Setup Assistant process, so it should be fine.
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.