Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
Duff-Man said:
Duff-Man says....for those that do not remember, in the early versions of OS X - I don't recall exactly in which build it got removed - if you did a cntl+alt+del you got a pop-up that said "This is not Windows" ....oh yeah!

Wow, I didn't know that. Got a screenshot?

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
FadeToBlack said:
Wow, I didn't know that. Got a screenshot?
Duff-Man says...sorry no I don't have any screen shots....I would have to reinstall one of those old builds....but surely there must be some shots of this out there somewhere....it was quite the little joke at the time....oh yeah!

FadeToBlack

macrumors 68000
Apr 27, 2005
Accoville, WV
Duff-Man said:
Duff-Man says...sorry no I don't have any screen shots....I would have to reinstall one of those old builds....but surely there must be some shots of this out there somewhere....it was quite the little joke at the time....oh yeah!

Cool, man. I'll have to find some screenshots of that somewhere. I'm sure they're out there.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
What would have been real funny is if Bill had just hauled off and beat the crap out of that guy. Or Bill's bodyguards :rolleyes: . We can't go around talking bad about Microsoft can we...? ;)

mac-er

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2003
quackattack said:
Wow, come on Bill, you gotta be able to laugh at yourself a little bit... jeez.

We have all established that Bill G lacks any sense of humor or social skills....his encounter with Conan O'Brien proved that.

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
mac-er said:
We have all established that Bill G lacks any sense of humor or social skills....his encounter with Conan O'Brien proved that.
Not sure what you are talking about but please, someone, tell me you have a video?

quackattack

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2004
Boise, ID
grapes911 said:
Not sure what you are talking about but please, someone, tell me you have a video?

He's talking about the Longhorn demo at CES in Jan. Conan was the MC. It was a disaster, nothing worked right! Conan tried his best to keep it going. Wish I had a video, it is a must see.

weg

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2004
nj
JDar said:
and Ctrl-Alt-Del almost always worked. Not quite, but almost.

What is "Ctrl+Alt+Delete" translated to a Mac? Last time I was using iPhoto I decided that I could as well run a slideshow while I was importing pictures from my digicam. This was probably not such a good idea, because I wasn't able to stop the slideshow anymore. iPhoto simply didn't react on the keystrokes anymore, and it was in fullscreen mode. So all I could do is turn my Powerbook off holding the Power button for 2 seconds..

Mechcozmo

macrumors 603
Jul 17, 2004
Duff-Man said:
Duff-Man says....for those that do not remember, in the early versions of OS X - I don't recall exactly in which build it got removed - if you did a cntl+alt+del you got a pop-up that said "This is not Windows" ....oh yeah!

Musta been really early. Apple has a no Easter Egg policy for security reasons. But if you hold the shift key down while activating a User Interface event... its cool. (Exposé, Minimizing, etc.)

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Lacero said:
This brings up an interesting topic. Would you rather be the richest/least respected man in the world or the most respected man, but not the richest? That's the paradox that is Bill Gates.

Better question would be the choice between richest & least respected and most respected & poorest.

Of course if you were the most respected you couldn't possibly be the poorest anymore than the least respected could ever be the richest.

I don't have a definitive answer on who I least respect but there's a lot of people in front of Bill on the list which makes him neither the least respected nor, I believe, the richest.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.