Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Are there any sites that will convert simple websites (not RSS feeds) to be iPhone optimized? I'm not wanting to have to manually change a mobile version every time I update something on the main page.

jnic

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
Cambridge
Are there any sites that will convert simple websites (not RSS feeds) to be iPhone optimized? I'm not wanting to have to manually change a mobile version every time I update something on the main page.

Can you not just have a different CSS file for each? Just import the second only when on iPhone and use it to override the bits that look wrong.

Google have a mobile transcoder, but it's not brilliant.

Trip.Tucker

Mar 13, 2008
You're thinking WAP which the iPhone is not. The iPhone unlike just about every other phone out there, will render regular web pages just fine.

Don't recode your web site, leave it as is to suit computer based browsing which will naturally include the iPhone. Leave the WAP browsers in their own dust.

CarlosH

macrumors member
Apr 9, 2008
San Francisco, CA
You're thinking WAP which the iPhone is not. The iPhone unlike just about every other phone out there, will render regular web pages just fine.

Don't recode your web site, leave it as is to suit computer based browsing which will naturally include the iPhone. Leave the WAP browsers in their own dust.

I don't think he was talking wap, but those web pages that looks like iPhone apps in mobile safari.

kwjohns

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 4, 2007
Well what I'm trying to do is scrape some dynamic statistical data from a table on a website and then put it in a format so that it's easily readable and in a format that only allows moving up or down in a WebView on the iPhone. No pinching/zooming/double tapping.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.