Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rob356

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
I have a whole bunch of swf files, they all contain basically what is a printed page. I would like to convert them into a PDF/Image. I have tried everything, flash decompilers result in a whole bunch of text/image files all broken up into bits of the page, with no formatting. When I view the swf files with a swf viewer, say iSwiff, the page flashes up for a brief second, then goes away. Tried multiple viewers, including firefox. If I do a screen recording then I can see the page, but only for one video frame. I have tried swf to image/video converters, they only say the file has 1 frame, and that frame has nothing on it. How can I convert these swf files to ANY other format than this? This is probably an odd question, but I would really appreciate the help!

Dan73

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
How about just opening them and taking a screenshot (CMD + Shift + 3) and just cropping out what you dont need?

Besides that I think you're out of luck.

jbw

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2010
Like rob356 I have just been looking for the answer to this question.

So far I have managed to open them in "Flash Player" and print to pdf that way, although it’s a bit longwinded as the apple key-P shortcut doesn’t seem to work.

I also found it helpful to select the file in the finder and use the 'Get info' button to change the 'Open with' default to Flash Player.

What would be really nice was if there was a way of batch processing the files.

snikpohsemaj

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2011
Any Progress on .swf to .pdf conversions

I really want to do this - it is surely easily achievable.
Does anyone have any ideas about practical ways of achieving this?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.