Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
i have a video file in VLC format, which only runs in VLC media player which i find quite annoying. does anybody know of an app that can convert vlc's into any other format?

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
i have tried using ffmpegx for other things before, but everytime that i set it up and press encode it will open the progress window and say it has done it immediatly when it has infact not even created a file

PYR0M310N

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
toast 8 i have found has support for them and burns them straight on cd's that work in dvd players

Erasmus®

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
vlc help

hi guys, simple question: is there a way to definitely exclude quicktime and open any video there is with vlc? I don't see the purpose to keep using quicktime, what's the advantage? thanks!

abuzzl23p

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2007
i have tried using ffmpegx for other things before, but everytime that i set it up and press encode it will open the progress window and say it has done it immediatly when it has infact not even created a file

i encode it first into the default setting avi divx...then i would convert that into whatever i wish...

or you could get the divx codec for Qt and just leave them as avi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.