1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

converting video for ipod

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Jackw, Dec 29, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

I have the 6th generation ipod and had to upgrade itunes from 7.3 to 7.5. Prior to this converting quicktime videos for my 5th generation ipod worked fine. Now with 7.5 only the video is good the audio is pulsating static. It plays that way in both itunes and on the ipod. I have tried it on 3 different computers with the 7.5 itunes and the same thing happens. I use the same file on a computer with 7.3 itunes and it converts fine, video and audio. HELP I have a 6th generation video ipod that i can't use for videos.

2. macrumors 6502

wallaby

You could try converting your videos using HandBrake, and then adding them to iTunes.

3. Guest

Surely

4. macrumors newbie

karmapolice63

use isquint...its the best for ipod conversion as it has teh h.264 encoding abilities

5. macrumors regular

i use isquint works well and it's free, but what's all this about H.26

6. macrumors 65816

tMac85

Handbreak all the way. Its super easy and it lets you choose which ipod you have and sets up everything for it. All you do is click and drag video

7. macrumors P6

~Shard~

8. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

H.264 is the "best" video format for iPods. It provides the highest quality for a given filesize, at the expense of slower encoding than plain MPEG-4.

9. macrumors newbie

I have tried both handbrake and isquint and niether will open on my computer. Are these for windows xp?

10. macrumors 6502

CJRhoades

You have to download the mac version. It should be a .dmg file. Just mount it as usual and drag the app to your applications folder. Remember to check your system requirements. What version of os x are you running?