Cool Edit Pro - Is there something simliar for use on the MAC???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by RKieper, Aug 28, 2003.

1. RKieper macrumors newbie

Aug 28, 2003
    Does anyone have a recommendation on a Mac OSX program that is simliar to Cool Edit Pro for Windows? I've been using Peak -- but have found that it's nothing simliar to the above product.

2. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Jun 28, 2002
    North Central Colorado
    irmongoose is right - Logic is probably the closest in comparison, but now Soundtrack from Apple seems to be right in the ballpark as well - but I haven't used it, so I can't speak from experience. If they make an iApp version of soundtrack, that would probably be your best bet - keep watching, we may see one yet.

And doesn't MOTU make software too? I dunno...

I use CEP2 (now Adobe Audition) simply because our studio has a PC in it for the time being, and it will stay that way until lightning strikes, probably. CEP is pretty good, and provides a lot of bang for the buck.

Your other major editing option is of course Digidesign's ProTools, but then you're talking about REAL money.

<runs off to start a lightning storm>
  3. dufus macrumors newbie

Jan 29, 2003
    If my thinking is right that Cool Edit Pro is primarily an audio file editing application, then maybe you shold take a look at Bias Peak 4 (just released a week or two ago).
  4. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Jul 6, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Logic is good, but at $700 it doesn't rank with Cool Edit. I found Sound Studio to be about like Cool Edit--but I had major stability problems and ended up getting Peak.
  5. rogers macrumors newbie

Jul 18, 2002