Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RKieper

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2003
Chicago
Does anyone have a recommendation on a Mac OSX program that is simliar to Cool Edit Pro for Windows? I've been using Peak -- but have found that it's nothing simliar to the above product.

Recommendations??:confused:

Mudbug

Administrator emeritus
Jun 28, 2002
North Central Colorado
irmongoose is right - Logic is probably the closest in comparison, but now Soundtrack from Apple seems to be right in the ballpark as well - but I haven't used it, so I can't speak from experience. If they make an iApp version of soundtrack, that would probably be your best bet - keep watching, we may see one yet.

And doesn't MOTU make software too? I dunno...

I use CEP2 (now Adobe Audition) simply because our studio has a PC in it for the time being, and it will stay that way until lightning strikes, probably. CEP is pretty good, and provides a lot of bang for the buck.

Your other major editing option is of course Digidesign's ProTools, but then you're talking about REAL money.

<runs off to start a lightning storm>

dufus

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2003
If my thinking is right that Cool Edit Pro is primarily an audio file editing application, then maybe you shold take a look at Bias Peak 4 (just released a week or two ago).

http://www.bias-inc.com

Horrortaxi

macrumors 68020
Jul 6, 2003
Los Angeles
Logic is good, but at $700 it doesn't rank with Cool Edit. I found Sound Studio to be about like Cool Edit--but I had major stability problems and ended up getting Peak.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.