Cool Edit Pro - Is there something simliar for use on the MAC???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by RKieper, Aug 28, 2003.

1. macrumors newbie

Does anyone have a recommendation on a Mac OSX program that is simliar to Cool Edit Pro for Windows? I've been using Peak -- but have found that it's nothing simliar to the above product.

Recommendations??:confused:

2. macrumors 68030

irmongoose

3. Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

irmongoose is right - Logic is probably the closest in comparison, but now Soundtrack from Apple seems to be right in the ballpark as well - but I haven't used it, so I can't speak from experience. If they make an iApp version of soundtrack, that would probably be your best bet - keep watching, we may see one yet.

And doesn't MOTU make software too? I dunno...

I use CEP2 (now Adobe Audition) simply because our studio has a PC in it for the time being, and it will stay that way until lightning strikes, probably. CEP is pretty good, and provides a lot of bang for the buck.

Your other major editing option is of course Digidesign's ProTools, but then you're talking about REAL money.

<runs off to start a lightning storm>

4. macrumors 68000

neut

5. macrumors newbie

If my thinking is right that Cool Edit Pro is primarily an audio file editing application, then maybe you shold take a look at Bias Peak 4 (just released a week or two ago).

www.bias-inc.com

6. macrumors 68020

Horrortaxi

Logic is good, but at $700 it doesn't rank with Cool Edit. I found Sound Studio to be about like Cool Edit--but I had major stability problems and ended up getting Peak.

7. macrumors newbie