Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaperQueen

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Not all phone numbers in documents or on websites provide live links that launch a phone's dialer. In the past, it was possible to copy the phone number, then paste it into the top of the dial pad screen. Now, that no longer seems possible...or at least, not obvious.

Is this feature gone? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help, folks!

(iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2)

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Not all phone numbers in documents or on websites provide live links that launch a phone's dialer. In the past, it was possible to copy the phone number, then paste it into the top of the dial pad screen. Now, that no longer seems possible...or at least, not obvious.

Is this feature gone? Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance for your help, folks!

(iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2)

Still works for me, just paste it in the empty space above the dial pad by holding your finger there for a second or two.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Aaaaaaaand...don't I feel like a dope?

Kept tapping the area above the keypad (no results). Didn't think to tap and hold. :::slapping palm against forehead:::

Thanks for the help, so, so much!
Generally tap and hold is the main way it works pretty much everywhere, although a quick double-tap will often work in most places too, but apparently not everywhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.