Copy Sherlock from Panther to Tiger

Discussion in 'macOS' started by topgunn, Jul 25, 2005.

1. topgunn macrumors 65816

topgunn

Anyone know if it is possible to copy Sherlock from a computer with Panther to a computer with Tiger and have it keep the functionality it had in 10.3? The only thing I miss in Tiger is a useful Sherlock. I think that the movie info in pre-Tiger Sherlock was unsurpassed and the yellow pages was a step above what is currently available. In short, I really want to have my old Sherlock back.

2. joecool85 macrumors 65816

joecool85

Yeah, it should be possible...not totally sure how though. Sorry. Although, I'm curious, whats so bad about not having sherlock?

3. BornAgainMac macrumors 603

BornAgainMac

What is different? I can't see anything different.

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

If you have access to a computer with it installed, you should just be able to drag it over; if that doesn't work, you might need to get its files out of Library too. But I have heard of people doing this to get Panther's Preview back.

So 3.6.1 (176) is a new version compared to Panther? I used it some in Panther, and it looks subtly different, but it's not immediately apparent what's different to me.

Sherlock does provide much better detail than most of the widgets that overlap with it in functionality....