Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

topgunn

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
Anyone know if it is possible to copy Sherlock from a computer with Panther to a computer with Tiger and have it keep the functionality it had in 10.3? The only thing I miss in Tiger is a useful Sherlock. I think that the movie info in pre-Tiger Sherlock was unsurpassed and the yellow pages was a step above what is currently available. In short, I really want to have my old Sherlock back.

joecool85

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2005
Maine
Yeah, it should be possible...not totally sure how though. Sorry. Although, I'm curious, whats so bad about not having sherlock?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
If you have access to a computer with it installed, you should just be able to drag it over; if that doesn't work, you might need to get its files out of Library too. But I have heard of people doing this to get Panther's Preview back.

So 3.6.1 (176) is a new version compared to Panther? I used it some in Panther, and it looks subtly different, but it's not immediately apparent what's different to me.

Sherlock does provide much better detail than most of the widgets that overlap with it in functionality....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.