Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnoviz

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
Roeselare, Belgium
Hi,

<beginning of useless introduction>
I'm currently doing some little experiments with special effects in FCE (bluescreen, difference matte, rotoscopy)
and currently I'm working on the infamous lightsaber effects (no, I'm no geek, and not really a Star Wars fan)

I've been using a ground layer, with a colour layer above that, and a white layer above that one (and one extra copy of the ground layer on top, which is not in the final image)
I'm using Four Point Garbage masks to cut out the surface of the sword, with a blur for the colour, and a more straight cut for the white. I end up with something that looks like the attachement.
<end of useless introduction>

My problem is that I have to use the same effect on two layers, with the some parameters being the same for all layers at one frame, and some being different for the layers, but the same for all frames.
This means I have to cut up every clip into one clip per frame, and I have to manually copy the effect from one layer to the other, adjust parameters, and this for every frame.

What would be a better solution is using one clip, and one effect per layer, with keyframing for the parameters changing per frame, but general settings being different in both layers.
The problem with this is, that when copying effects, the parameters in different keyframes are lost, there is only one that is taken for all frames.

<end of useless introduction>

Question: How can I copy my keyframe settings along with an effect, when moving it to another track ?

This an example of what I am doing

Attachments

• Afbeelding 1.jpg
    Afbeelding 1.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 41
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.