Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
Abstract said:
Surely anyone coming from out of town can be offered some sort of accomodation....
I'm OK if I make it. I've read between the lines and I'm pretty sure I've been offered accomodation by another member;) ;)

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Mike Teezie said:
Take tons of pics, folks - for the people who can't be there.

Some of us don't want our photos plastered over the 'net, so anyone taking pics should obtain permission from the people in them before posting. :cool:

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2004
mpw said:
I'm OK if I make it. I've read between the lines and I'm pretty sure I've been offered accomodation by another member;) ;)

Blimey, the sap is rising already and the picnic's not even started!

Zmmyt

macrumors 68000
Jan 6, 2005
Who is able to provide a place to sleep?

I'm in Bristol and if I get off on Saturday I would like to come, but don't want to leave the same day. And I don't want to spent the night on the streets.

-cheers

UberMac

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2005
England
Oh Bumfluff! I can't make it, I'm on band camp ;) (Yes, it's a lot like the films!)

I'll maybe see about sending another Mac Fan on my behalf. My BF watched a SteveNote the other day and is now morbidly obsessed with Apple! [They should replace all the commercials on TV with clips from SteveNotes!]

I'm working on getting him registered here - he's seen a lot of activity on the forums when I'm around and knows all abotu Apple 'coz I never shut up about Appley goodness on Keynote days (or any of the other time!) :eek:

Anyhoo - you won't get my lovely goodness (;)) in any of the photos but you might get him - neither of us would mind some photos!

Uber

satty

macrumors 6502
Tymmz said:
Who is able to provide a place to sleep?

I'm in Bristol and if I get off on Saturday I would like to come, but don't want to leave the same day. And I don't want to spent the night on the streets.

-cheers

Shouldn't be a problem*, but you would have to sleep on a futon on my living room floor (no window curtains, so it will be bright at 5 am or earlier).

Warning: I can speak German as well :)

* If I don't have to work that weekend. At the moment I don't have to work, but this could change sometimes mid next week.

liketom

macrumors 601
Apr 8, 2004
Lincoln,UK
this sounds like a good idea - might swing by Regents Street and get me a Macbook :rolleyes: finally :D

count me in :)

P.S got my CD's Blue - Thanks very much

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I wonder how big this group is gonna get? This meet in the park may be more enticing than the pub meets you've had in the past.

Applespider said:
It may be a case of 'what goes on in the park, stays in the park' ;)

Sounds sexually suggestive, but also very interesting. You're all lucky that I'm not coming to London, because ooooooooh boy, you'd all be in trouble.

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Oh b***ocks. Has someone got access to my schedule? I do sod all for ages and then this comes up - the week I'm off to Bordeaux for the Wine Festival.
Same thing happened last time :eek:
Thanks for the invite BV but gonna have to decline.
I'll raise a glass for you though :)

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Jul 4, 2004
Nickygoat said:
Oh b***ocks. Has someone got access to my schedule? I do sod all for ages and then this comes up - the week I'm off to Bordeaux for the Wine Festival.

Bugger! I was looking forward to catching up with you. Never mind, there will be smaller pub-grub events later in the year and I'll definitely keep you in the loop.

Missing you already! :D

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
Blue Velvet said:
Bugger! I was looking forward to catching up with you. Never mind, there will be smaller pub-grub events later in the year and I'll definitely keep you in the loop.

Missing you already! :D
Great. Just not the last week in August ;)
Thanks for that.
I'm jealous now that I can't go.
There's no crying emoticon :D

dcv

macrumors G3
May 24, 2005
Nickygoat said:

Oh that's a shame :(

But if you fancy sending a nice case of wine over to Regent's Park then we'll all raise a glass back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.