Could it be a sign of an imminent arrival?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by MacMiguel, Nov 17, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2012
    There were not refurb iMacs on Spanish Apple Store for months, it was empty but now... I can find 21.5" and 27" models.

I can think two things:

1) Due to the impossibility of buying an iMac they have decided to put a high number of thoses on the store and put the prices down.... So the new iMac is going to be released later than hoped...

2) The arrival of new iMacs is imminent and they want to rid the old models that came back from Stores and resellers that are ready for receive the new ones...

But something is clear, something is happening.... It's not common not having refurbished iMacs and now having a lot of them.

What do you think?
  2. macrumors member

Nov 13, 2012
    Devon, UK
    There are no refurbushed iMacs in the UK apple store.

It has been that way for a while.

So I'm not sure it is a useful indicator of anything.
  3. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2012
    Maybe there is no Refurb iMacs there because they have sold out the stock yet...... Welll the only thing to do at this moment is to wait for the new ones :rolleyes:
  4. macrumors 68020

Mar 29, 2009
    A man of the people. The right sort of people.
    They go up and down all week. I've been checking the Apple UK store and chatting to their Live Chat people about it. They stick up a limited number of refurbs at any one time; they sell out pretty fast, then it looks like they're out of stock. Then repeat.

You can't judge anything from it.
  5. macrumors member

Sep 30, 2012
    There was one there this morning, 19% off, - must have sold as soon as it went on
  6. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2012
    I could imagine a relation between the Refurb iMacs and the resellers devolution to Apple..... Maybe the increase of refurb devices in Spain is because of this...
  7. macrumors 6502a

Nov 10, 2012
    Or maybe people saw the new iMacs and have sent theirs in, and Apple have only just finished refurbishing them.
  8. macrumors G3

Apple fanboy

Feb 21, 2012
    Behind the Lens, UK
    You can learn nothing about the availability of the new iMac from refurb's on the apple site. They go up and down like a h*****s knickers!
  9. thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 22, 2012
    That have never happened in spanish AppleStore before