Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hadi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
I bought this IPOD classic from this guy 80gb and it's working perfectly.
I love the cover flow browser but here is my problem:
When I want to add an album to my ipod I actually add it to itunes library first and then i drag it into ipod territory! What is happening is that when i go to cover flow every song creates a cover flow by it's own. so lets say i have a Moby album with 12 songs. I end up with 12 separate covers which makes me go crazy cause there is A LOT of repeats. through itunes library i actually select all song from that album name the album so they all have the exact name add a cover photo. in itunes and ipod library its all good but when i go to open it in ipod it's all not what i want it to be.

any help?

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
First, you should check each album that is doing this to see if the album artist category is correct and the same for the entire album.

If the album artist category is correct, and the same for all of the songs in an album, but they are still being split up in coverflow do the following:

1. Select all of the songs in the album, and press Command/Control+I.
2. Change the album artist to something different, for example, if the Album Artist is Moby, change it to Moby1.
3. Press OK.
4. Reselect all of the songs in the album and change the Album Artist back.
5. Press OK.
6. Repeat with every other album that you are having this problem with.

Doing that fixed it for me, however any album that does not have the same artist for every song, even if the album artist is the same, will remain split up in your iPod classic's coverflow.

Hadi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
First, you should check each album that is doing this to see if the album artist category is correct and the same for the entire album.

If the album artist category is correct, and the same for all of the songs in an album, but they are still being split up in coverflow do the following:

1. Select all of the songs in the album, and press Command/Control+I.
2. Change the album artist to something different, for example, if the Album Artist is Moby, change it to Moby1.
3. Press OK.
4. Reselect all of the songs in the album and change the Album Artist back.
5. Press OK.
6. Repeat with every other album that you are having this problem with.

Doing that fixed it for me, however any album that does not have the same artist for every song, even if the album artist is the same, will remain split up in your iPod classic's coverflow.

thanks man. im gona go ahead and try it now see if it works for me. i hope it should

Moriarty

macrumors 6502
Feb 3, 2008
Try this: Select all the songs of the album, right click > get info > options tab > say "yes" for "part of a compilation".

Hit OK, and then change it back to "no" if it isn't a compilation. And make sure the performer and album names are spelt the same for each track.

Hadi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
Try this: Select all the songs of the album, right click > get info > options tab > say "yes" for "part of a compilation".

Hit OK, and then change it back to "no" if it isn't a compilation. And make sure the performer and album names are spelt the same for each track.

you can only do "part of a compilation if you select a single track not a group.
so that wouldnt really help.

coogee

macrumors regular
May 28, 2007
You probably have something in some of the other fields in the album's ID3 tags. You can try selecting the whole album, bringing up the Info again and putting spaces in any blank fields just to ensure there's nothing suspect happening there. Then convert the ID3 tag in iTunes to v.3.4 or v.3.3 and it should hopefully lose the ID3 tag problem.

Tagging as a Compilation is a workaround but it means the album will appear under 'Compilations' which it isn't.

I found just using a decent ID3 tag editor helped quickly fix any of these dodgy tagging issues - Tag'n'Rename on Windows or Media Rage on Mac.

And just to be sure to be sure, that you're looking at 'Albums' on the iPod when you're seeing multiple covers.

Hadi

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2008
And just to be sure to be sure, that you're looking at 'Albums' on the iPod when you're seeing multiple covers.[/QUOTE]

yes i am. let me try. and thanks again

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.