Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
I am a student in a major US university and I bought a new powerbook (15 inch, 1.5 GHz) and the new 20 GB iPod and hoping to get $200 back from the Cram & Jam rebate. I submitted the rebate coupon including the original UPC labels (including the layers of the cardboard) from both the iPod and PB, and the sales receipt from email (ordered from the web through the university) three weeks ago hoping the $200 rebate will be coming soon.

The status of my rebate via web (http://www.apple.com/promo/inquiry) showed that "no claim information is currently available. Claims may take up to 3 weeks to be processed. Please check back periodically.
If you prefer, please contact us at (888) 828-9059 to speak with an Apple representative."

I called this number and the representative told me that she had no claim info for my order and that I should wait.

I was wondering if anyone has received their $200 rebate check from the Cram and Jam deal and how long it took for them to receive it.

zelmo

macrumors 603
Jul 3, 2004
Mac since 7.5
I sent my rebate stuff in about two weeks ago. I figure it will take at least 4 weeks, maybe 6, before I see the check.

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2003
I purchased a PowerBook with the HDD and VRAM upgrade. I just wanted to go ahead and fill out the Cram & Jam thing, but it says somewhere that used & upgraded products aren't eligible. I'd like to know if anyone has gotten the check for the same upgrade. Any help would be appreciated.

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
I see where it says that it is not valid with used/refurb equipment but nowhere can I find that it's not valid with a BTO Powerbook. You should be fine. If still in doubt.... call the Apple.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Eevee said:
I am a student in a major US university and I bought a new powerbook (15 inch, 1.5 GHz) and the new 20 GB iPod and hoping to get $200 back from the Cram & Jam rebate. I submitted the rebate coupon including the original UPC labels (including the layers of the cardboard) from both the iPod and PB, and the sales receipt from email (ordered from the web through the university) three weeks ago hoping the $200 rebate will be coming soon.

The status of my rebate via web (http://www.apple.com/promo/inquiry) showed that "no claim information is currently available. Claims may take up to 3 weeks to be processed. Please check back periodically.
If you prefer, please contact us at (888) 828-9059 to speak with an Apple representative."

I called this number and the representative told me that she had no claim info for my order and that I should wait.

I was wondering if anyone has received their $200 rebate check from the Cram and Jam deal and how long it took for them to receive it.

I just downloaded the coupon from Apple's website, and it states that you will recieve your check 8 weeks from the date you mail your stuff.

KevRC4130

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2004
Massachusetts
I sent in my rebate for both the HP Printer and iPod, and I got my rebates in about 3 or 4 weeks after I sent it in, probably closer to three. So yes, my rebates have come in.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
Thanks for your response

Thanks everyone who responded. Guess I just have to keep on waiting for the check to come.

It would have been nice to get that $200 now.

sebisworld

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2003
SilentPanda said:
I see where it says that it is not valid with used/refurb equipment but nowhere can I find that it's not valid with a BTO Powerbook. You should be fine. If still in doubt.... call the Apple.

Well, I though about calling apple, but then I remembered that I called them (Apple Germany) a few weeks ago about Cram & Jam and they did not even know that it existed (there was just a huge ad on the front page of their store that very day). The staff at the German AppleStore is terrible. They're all from Ireland and the only qualification they have seems to be that they speak German pretty well. With AppleCare, that's a different story, they're all superb.

So I'm just going to send it in and see what happens.

Celeron

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2004
Here's a tip for you to use in the future. Whenever sending a rebate for a large amount (I deem $20 and over a large amount) spring for the extra $2.30 and send it via Certified Mail through the Post Office. This way you can have a tracking number and you will know exactly the day it arrives at its destination. That way if the company tries to tell you they never receieved it, which happens quite frequently unforunately, you can tell them that yes, they did receieve it and they recieved it on such and such a date. It works quite nicely.

Things to think about in the future. On a $200 a rebate I would have most definately used certified mail.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
Celeron

Actually, I did send the rebate using Certified Mail, and that's why I knew it's been over three weeks already. But on the apple website and over the phone, the claim still has not been processed (or received?).

Maybe I should call apple again and inform them I send it using Certified Mail?

Eevee

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.