Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eric Lewis

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Feb 4, 2007
CANADA? eh?
performance is well

just upgraded to 2gbs of ram

everything i do is perfect

itunes, iwork, office, google earth, safari, imovie, idvd etc

f1

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2007
Where did you buy your iMac?? Was it recent?? My friend is having a hard time finding an iMac that still has Tiger on it.

bobertoq

macrumors 6502a
Feb 29, 2008
Here's my before and after, or in my case old and new since I plan on hanging onto the old one for the time being.

OldNew.jpg
wow that's 17" VS 24" widescreen? Crazy difference.... I'm on a 15" screen, and a 13" widescreen

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
you can downgrade any iMac aluminum to 10.4 if you have the right disks

:confused:
Why would you do this? Leopard is amazing. And these Aluminum iMacs are such a glory in person, not sure who was saying they don't like them, but as with any Mac computers seeing them in person is so different than the pictures. I love my 24" iMac. And Leopard is just so so so great.
I almost think that most PC users that whine about Macs are just ignorant rather than hating, they just don't know how good it can be.

redbird354

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2008
PC's are fine, I dont see why the big debate over which is better. Mac's are good for some things and PC's are good for others. I use both all of the time. I have never had any problems with my PC with XP, or any MAC that I have used. Both seem to have strengths and weaknesses. ;)

iMpathetic

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2007
IMBY
What's a MAC? :confused:

Morbid Android Committee?
Mailmen Aren't Cool?
Macs are Computers?
Mother****er, Atrocious Celery?
Many Adverse Challenges?
Multifaceted Adverb Cheese?

Enlighten me, please. :D

czachorski

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2007
PC's are fine, I dont see why the big debate over which is better. Mac's are good for some things and PC's are good for others. I use both all of the time. I have never had any problems with my PC with XP, or any MAC that I have used. Both seem to have strengths and weaknesses. ;)

I too use windows all the time - there are 2 applications at work that I have to run in Windows (Accounting software, and CRM). The thing is - I run those on my MacBook Pro in Parallels. So I don't really see what PCs are good for - everything I need runs on a Mac! :D

ryannel2003

macrumors 68000
Jan 30, 2005
Greenville, NC

I agree completely. I've been using PC's for a long time, and Mac's for about 4 years and both are great for their given things. Windows has more games and certain software is better than it is on the Mac, while Mac has a better suite of included applications, along with a more stable core.

Unfortunately, you can get Mac fanboy's going around saying "PC'S ARE THE SUCKORZ!!!!" and PC users vice versa. It's all really childish, and quite annoying sometimes.

redbird354

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2008
If a MAC could run my flight simulation (IL2 Sturmovik 1946) I would probably switch to a MAC all together. Just so I would not have to have both a PC and a MAC. But other than that, I love them both.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.