Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Black Baron

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Germany
3 and even four dialogs open for connecting an iPhone via USB cable to iTunes

... a MESSI software company. That's how it looks like.

That's my opinion. Time to kick out Tim Cook + Eddy Cue + Craig Frederighi

Regards,

BLACK BARON
Design / Photo / Art / Music

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 17.24.09.png

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 17.22.45.png

Screenshot 2020-11-26 at 17.02.20.png

DumbPhone

Suspended
Sep 6, 2020

Black Baron

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Germany
Problem is the user not the executives steering the company. But thanks for making everyone else aware of your learning path.

The user???????? The user is the PROBLEM????????

Steve Jobs on iTunes: " I was probably the cheapest beta tester in the world for a period of 12 months. "

I downloaded the iPhone "let me plug-it-in-software"
- > Failed
- > Restart puter with pluged-in iPhone
- > Download software again
- > Open iTunes
- > Sync
- > Check photo library for sync
- > dialog: All existing Photos lip on iPhone needs to be replaced
- > Click OK
- > Waiting for changes to be applied for

... hours and hours

CANCEL PROCEDURE

- > Unglug iPhone
- > Re-Plug iPhone
- > Apply changes
- > Processing ...

" Save money. Kick the leadership out. All of them "

Regards,

BLACK BARON

Reactions: maverick28

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
The user???????? The user is the PROBLEM????????

Steve Jobs on iTunes: " I was probably the cheapest beta tester in the world for a period of 12 months. "

I downloaded the iPhone "let me plug-it-in-software"
- > Failed
- > Restart puter with pluged-in iPhone
- > Download software again
- > Open iTunes
- > Sync
- > dialog: All existing Photos lip on iPhone needs to be replaced
- > Click OK
- > Waiting for changes to be applied for

... hours and hours

CANCEL PROCEDURE

- > Unglug iPhone
- > Re-Plug iPhone
- > Apply changes
- > Processing ...

" Save money. Kick the leadership out. All of them "

Regards,

BLACK BARON

Get a hold of yourself.

Steve Jobs quote from above is for the Keynote app, not for iTunes.

Same Steve Jobs introduced iTunes and every message you showed was present in his lifetime. Congratulations for accumulating all of these together - I haven’t experienced them all at once in my two decades of Mac ownership and don’t deem your scenario likely.

iOS devices are working without the need for an iTunes sync for the majority of users - ever since iTunes was made optional with iOS 4 or 5.

Black Baron

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 8, 2020
Germany
I do expect a fully functional OS X MOJAVE 10.13.7 installer carefully tested on many machines BEFORE shipment.
What exactly is this round pothole "Apple Campus Pentagon" doing all day long?

Apple is even "spsonsored" by the british Queen personally. They get taxes in Europe for free of charge on their
new "Tax Island". Zero!

Regards,

BLACK BARON

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
He has a point and just listed facts. No amount of defamation and character assassination is going to change that. "Just works" and "That simple" attitude promoted by Apple is at odds with the experience like that and the issues are the reality. Either it works or doesn't. The argument "for the majority of people" doesn't have the value because you haven't collected any piece of statistical data on "the majority of people" to make that assessment nor the problem has something to do with the "majority/minority this and that" type of debate. iTunes has a syncing feature for a reason, and Apple added this feature to work regardless of how often used. By insulting with the words like "techtard" you only aggravate your credibility and put on a display your immaturity.

Last edited:

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
He has a point and just listed facts. No amount of defamation and character assassination is going to change that. "Just works" and "That simple" attitude promoted by Apple is at odds with the experience like that and the issues are the reality. Either it works or doesn't. The argument "for the majority of people" doesn't have the value because you haven't collected any piece of statistical data on "the majority of people" to make that assessment nor the problem has something to do with the "majority/minority this and that" type of debate. iTunes has a syncing feature for a reason, and Apple added this feature to work regardless of how often used. By insulting with the words like "techtard" you only aggravate your credibility and put on a display your immaturity.

You have also no data on iTunes activations. The phone will be a first computing device for many people outside of the western world and of course works wonderfully for those without iTunes either.

Btw, of course it just works - as long as you read what the computer prompts you and make a few basic decisions. In return you get that iPod-times music integration that the OP seems interested in.

Reactions: akash.nu

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
I have no data but I don't make generalized assessments either because that's irrelevant. When Mojave came out there were all sorts of sarcastic jokes making the round of Internet about these endless pop-ups obstructing the clear path of achieving an end result as simple as launching an app. These "few basic decisions" are not good, it's annoying and the opposite of what Apple stood for. Such intrusiveness of software in order to commence execution used to be not the case. That's the gist.

The phone will be a first computing device for many people outside of the western world

That's completely off.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I have no data but I don't make generalized assessments either because that's irrelevant. When Mojave came out there were all sorts of sarcastic jokes making the round of Internet about these endless pop-ups obstructing the clear path of achieving an end result as simple as launching an app. These "few basic decisions" are not good, it's annoying and the opposite of what Apple stood for. Such intrusiveness of software in order to commence execution used to be not the case. That's the gist.

That's completely off.

There’s nothing off here. Expecting people to all have traditional PCs at home is though - hence that changed as the iPhone market expanded into more countries.

And these dialogues have been around forever. Straight forward and usually not coming all at once.
The few basic decisions have always been there since Jobs introduced the device. Simply launching the app? The app doesn’t work by itself, and these are important and very rare callouts to the user. Don’t want them? Maybe stop using iTunes then as it’s always been that way.

Last edited:

maverick28

macrumors 6502a
Mar 14, 2014
There’s nothing off here. Expecting people to all have traditional PCs at home is though - hence that changed as the iPhone market expanded into more countries.

And these dialogues have been around forever. Straight forward and usually not coming all at once.
Forever isn't 2 or 3 years. It looks like you didn't run macOS 10 years ago, so that shows up. Many people run Desktop macOS and the OP was about it. Nothing to do with "iPhone market expanded" and your comment was and is certainly off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.