Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
i use Reminders on my phone for lists, like shopping lists, things I need to do, etc. How can I create a list using my Apple Watch? Then view and check off items? It appears like it will remind me of things with a time/date, but what about just Lists?

Seems simple enough, but I'm not finding a way to do it.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Take a look at an app called Reminders Nano. It mirrors your Reminders list on your Watch.

Thanks, sounds like what I'm looking for. I'll check it out

I see there is also Reminders Plus, anyone know which one is better?

Last edited:

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I agree with Reminders Nano but if you might own Fantastical 2, it also has a watch app and integrates your reminders into the Calendar on your  Watch better (gives alerts on  Watch).

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
I agree with Reminders Nano but if you might own Fantastical 2, it also has a watch app and integrates your reminders into the Calendar on your  Watch better (gives alerts on  Watch).

Thanks. Does Fantastical or another third part app allow adding to lists/reminders with Siri?

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
There is another app that is called Clear that will probably do all you want it to. Great for organizing and list making and works well with the Apple watch too.

Reactions: caligurl

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
There is another app that is called Clear that will probably do all you want it to. Great for organizing and list making and works well with the Apple watch too.

I like Clear, but want to be ankle to add to it with Siri

psylence2k

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
How is it like using third party apps on the watch ? Are they really slow or just bad in general to use ? I heard alot of complaints at launch but I wonder if they got better. Are the stock apps much smoother and faster in their operation ?

@testcard @dhlizard @fishmd

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Third party apps are generally slower than native Apple apps as they have to load data from the iPhone. Watch OS2 should bring major improvements in speed.

psylence2k

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
Third party apps are generally slower than native Apple apps as they have to load data from the iPhone. Watch OS2 should bring major improvements in speed.

What's the overall time/speed difference in loading/using ? Are third party apps irritating to use at times ? Is it just slow in initial loading or just overall use ?

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Some third party apps, for example news and weather apps, might take 10 seconds to load. Not a deal breaker for me and I can live with it. In Watch OS2, many third party apps will run natively on Watch.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Highly recommend Fantastical 2 for Calendar and Reminders. Loads fast in glances as well and the reminders on the watch are great. Love having my calendar on the watch and all meetings. Looking forward to adding this as a complication (hopefully) in o/s 2.0.

Reactions: jjk454ss

fischersd

macrumors 603
Oct 23, 2014
Port Moody, BC, Canada
Thanks. Does Fantastical or another third part app allow adding to lists/reminders with Siri?
Reminders Nano is using your reminders list, just adding some functionality to it. So, if you say "Hey Siri, add onions to my grocery list" Siri will add it. You can use it for other lists as well. I'll create one for when I'm going into Kitchener and say "Hey Siri, add running shoes to my Kitchener list". You need to have an existing reminders list of that name for Siri to add it to.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Looking forward to adding this as a complication (hopefully) in o/s 2.0.

Yes, that would be great !

If you Force Touch when the Fantastical app is open on Watch, you get an option to add event (not a reminder) which then opens Siri. In my mind, either will work to jog your memory.

Last edited:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I like Clear, but want to be ankle to add to it with Siri

You can use Siri with Clear. I use Clear and LOVE it! I was annoyed that there wasn't a reminders app on the watch at first... but I use Clear for shopping lists now... it's easy (and I use Siri all the time to add items to my various shopping lists all the time!)

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Reminders Nano is using your reminders list, just adding some functionality to it. So, if you say "Hey Siri, add onions to my grocery list" Siri will add it. You can use it for other lists as well. I'll create one for when I'm going into Kitchener and say "Hey Siri, add running shoes to my Kitchener list". You need to have an existing reminders list of that name for Siri to add it to.

Number one reason Reminders Nano would be the best for just reminders on lists. Using Siri as you described adds to existing lists in your reminders app. Why Apple doesn't have an app for the watch is beyond me. If they did, nano may be obsolete. Might...

doboy

macrumors 68040
Jul 6, 2007
just purchased Reminders Nano few days ago and I can't recommend them enough.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015

If you Force Touch when the Fantastical app is open on Watch, you get an option to add event (not a reminder) which then opens Siri. In my mind, either will work to jog your memory.

DHLizard - if you have any reminders in Fantastical it will show on the Watch and you can force touch on the reminder and it will ask you to create a new reminder. :) I always keep one reminder in fantastical that never expires and it will show for the current day on the watch and you can force touch on the reminder and add. Give it a try.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
just purchased Reminders Nano few days ago and I can't recommend them enough.

Can reminders nano use siri on the watch to add to the list or only siri on the phone? Or to say it better, if my phone is at home and I am out, can I ask siri to add an item to a list on the watch?

testcard

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
Northumbria, UK
Yes, adding a reminder through Siri on the Watch adds it to the native Reminders list on iPhone, which is then mirrored on Reminders Nano. But only if the Watch is connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth/Wi-Fi. Siri needs an Internet connection to work.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Yes, adding a reminder through Siri on the Watch adds it to the native Reminders list on iPhone, which is then mirrored on Reminders Nano. But only if the Watch is connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth/Wi-Fi. Siri needs an Internet connection to work.

Ok thanks. At work, my phone connects to our wi-fi and Siri works even if my phone i
i use Reminders on my phone for lists, like shopping lists, things I need to do, etc. How can I create a list using my Apple Watch? Then view and check off items? It appears like it will remind me of things with a time/date, but what about just Lists?

Seems simple enough, but I'm not finding a way to do it.

Since I love Fantastical 2 so much, I did some checking and testing. Anything you add to reminders on the iPhone - either manually or using Siri goes into Fantastical on the phone and on the watch. You can the. Force touch on the watch in Fantastical and add more reminders or check off. It lists in different colors per list.

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks for all the info. I've got some great ways to go about this bow, I'll just have to play around and see what works best for me.

Agree with the comment about Apple not including a Reminders app, seems like a huge oversight.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
DHLizard - if you have any reminders in Fantastical it will show on the Watch and you can force touch on the reminder and it will ask you to create a new reminder. :) I always keep one reminder in fantastical that never expires and it will show for the current day on the watch and you can force touch on the reminder and add. Give it a try.

Thanks for the heads up on  Watch

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.