Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
Anyone have any issues where the crown no longer gives you a definite " press " when you press it? Mine works really well, but you can not tell if it's actually been pressed. This doesn't actually bother me, but it leads me to believe something else may be breaking soon. To better explain, their used to be a click you would " feel " when you pressed the crown, and now it's kind of like pressing on a screen.

anyone ?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Anyone have any issues where the crown no longer gives you a definite " press " when you press it? Mine works really well, but you can not tell if it's actually been pressed. This doesn't actually bother me, but it leads me to believe something else may be breaking soon. To better explain, their used to be a click you would " feel " when you pressed the crown, and now it's kind of like pressing on a screen.

anyone ?

mine definitely "gives" when I push it. Doesn't click or anything though. Take it to an Apple store?

yillbs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 2, 2015
Texas
mine definitely "gives" when I push it. Doesn't click or anything though. Take it to an Apple store?

Meh im in the boonies. It's a little disappointing. However, i think i'll just live with it, just wanted to see if others were facing the same problem.

prezasti

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Meh im in the boonies. It's a little disappointing. However, i think i'll just live with it, just wanted to see if others were facing the same problem.

Do you have AppleCare+? If so, they will overnight you a new one if you call and they determine it to be faulty.

Otherwise, may just need to be cleaned. Any chance some arm hairs are stuck in it? I know I've pinched a hair or two when pressing on the crown.

SlyMaster13

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2015
Arizona
I have yet to have problems with clicking the digital crown, its not a noisy click and its not like I don't notice clicking it either. I guess the only real problem I've seen with it was when I accidentally showered with mine on because its so light weight that I didn't notice until half way through. After that day the crown acted stiff to turn, after turning a lot after so many days it is now back to normal. Like said above, if you have AppleCare, yet you are in the "boonies" then you can always send it in for a replacement. Is there a Fed Ex near you?

rasputin1969

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2010
I have yet to have problems with clicking the digital crown, its not a noisy click and its not like I don't notice clicking it either. I guess the only real problem I've seen with it was when I accidentally showered with mine on because its so light weight that I didn't notice until half way through. After that day the crown acted stiff to turn, after turning a lot after so many days it is now back to normal. Like said above, if you have AppleCare, yet you are in the "boonies" then you can always send it in for a replacement. Is there a Fed Ex near you?
I experienced this too. I followed Apple's instructions and rinsed the watch under lukewarm water for 15 seconds but it didn't fix the issue. I then tried again with the same result.

Holding the crown up to my ear I noticed there was an odd sound when twisting the crown while pressed, kinda like there was a bit of crud sticking in there. I spent a couple of minutes twisting the crown while pressed and eventually it loosened up. My crown is now back to normal and has been fine for two weeks.

Reactions: SlyMaster13
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.