Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

overjolt32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
About 2 days ago, my iMac decides it wants to disconnect from my WiFi and I can't reconnect until I restart my entire iMac. This has been rather annoying, and I might think it's a problem with CS:GO? I can browse the web, as it doesn't crash or any sort. I haven't tested if it does the same towards other games yet though. Could be that my airport card is faulty or so?

So far, I've tried:
- SMC Reset
- Renew DHCP Lease
- VRAM Reset

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009)
Processor: 2.66 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4850 512 MB
Version: Yosemite 10.10.4

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Have you installed anything new - software or hardware- on your Mac?

Also check to see if any other games run fine, especially non-Valve cuz it might be a Valve/Steam issue.

joemod

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2010
Athens, Greece
About 2 days ago, my iMac decides it wants to disconnect from my WiFi and I can't reconnect until I restart my entire iMac.
I can browse the web, as it doesn't crash or any sort.

Sorry, I got confused. Can you browse the web while disconnected from your wifi? Also when do you disconnect from your wifi? When you play CS:GO or every time 20 minutes after restarting? Did you restart your router? Have you changed WiFi channels (my 2010 MBp has problems with certain channels) recently? Can you run the test described here: http://osxdaily.com/2013/12/11/find-best-wi-fi-channel-wireless-tool-mac/ ?

overjolt32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 30, 2014
Have you installed anything new - software or hardware- on your Mac?

Also check to see if any other games run fine, especially non-Valve cuz it might be a Valve/Steam issue.
Just tested it with League of Legends. Yes, it does the same thing. I haven't installed any new softwares on my computer.

Sorry, I got confused. Can you browse the web while disconnected from your wifi? Also when do you disconnect from your wifi? When you play CS:GO or every time 20 minutes after restarting? Did you restart your router? Have you changed WiFi channels (my 2010 MBp has problems with certain channels) recently? Can you run the test described here: http://osxdaily.com/2013/12/11/find-best-wi-fi-channel-wireless-tool-mac/ ?
No, I can't browse the web when I'm disconnected. I disconnect from WiFi about 15-20 minutes as I am in-game, and I can't reconnect to the WiFi unless I restart my entire computer. I tried restarting my router, nothing changed. I am also able to connect to the WiFi on other devices, like my MBP, and my Samsung phone. I will give that a shot, and I'll post the results.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.