Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Totalshock

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Tarana (to locals...)
I'm confused about the current generation of 1.83 and 1.66 Core Duo minis -- do they, or do they not, have a wireless card which is realy for 802.11n if you buy an AirPort Extreme?

The Web site seems contradictory, saying that all "currently shipping" Macs except the 17" iMac do, in fact, feature such a card, but then, where they list the actual models, they don't sem to specifically list the mini anywhere.

Anyone have any guesses? Or better still, definitive answers? ;-)

Thanks!

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
The Apple page does not list the Mini as n capable, sadly:

These Mac computers support 802.11n in the new AirPort Extreme Base Station using the included enabler software:

iMac with Intel Core 2 Duo (except 17-inch, 1.83GHz iMac)
MacBook with Intel Core 2 Duo
MacBook Pro with Intel Core 2 Duo
Mac Pro with AirPort Extreme card option

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
don't think the current card in the mini is capable. it is an intel (made for apple) card, but is an exact match to THIS. you have to take the optical/hd carrier off to get to it, but should be a fairly easy upgrade when intel/apple release the next gen of cards.

of course, if they release a software upgrade to 'n', i take it all back...:eek:

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Yeah I don't think the minis have wireless N. I was very glad though when my mac pro was listed as supported. As many of us thought the Mac Pros card did not support it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.