Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xtempo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
having to use my G5 PM so the problem is I cancelled an install of windows in bootcamp because I didn't know which partition it would be in. I was having difficulty with the partitions. so I guess I bricked this. anything I can do like take to the Geniuses since I do have apple care or what are my options to fix this hoping I can still have both Yosemite and win 7 on one machine?

BrettApple

macrumors 65816
Apr 3, 2010
Heart of the midwest
If you were using Boot Camp Assistant and just didn't install Windows (meaning the OS X partition is still there and not deleted) you should simply be able to hold down the option key on boot up and select your OS X partition and be just fine.

The partition you put windows on is labeled BOOTCAMP by OS X, you then have to format that partition so Windows can use it and install it. Then you can go back and forth between OS X and Windows using the option key or startup disk preference pane.

Worst case, you can use internet recovery from the MBA to reinstall OS X. No need to take it in.

xtempo

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2014
thanks but I finally figure everything out on that I forgot option to get back to Yosemite.

Finally got windows 7 install however it can not locate AppleSSD.sys file in the driver folder so I can not get into Windows and now I have an extra partition I need to delete.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.