Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethilien

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2007
Before iOS 7, moving the cursor around while editing text has always been very predictable. If I tapped to the right of a line, the cursor would jump to the end of that line. If I tapped anywhere on a blank line, the cursor would go to the beginning of that line.

In iOS 7, I can't figure it out at all. If I tap to the right of a line, the cursor seems to jump to the beginning of the next line, or sometimes it disappears, but reappears at the beginning of the next line when I hit a key. If I tap on a blank line, the cursor will go to the beginning of the next line.

This behavior is extremely annoying to me, and it severely limits my ability to edit text. Is anyone else experiencing this? Is there some better way of placing the cursor at the end of the line or on blank lines? When I try to tap the very end of the line it often ends up to the left of the period, which is useless if I wanted to start a new sentence.

Jakimo

macrumors 6502
Apr 25, 2008
Colorado Springs
Yup.

I'm seeing this everywhere and I believe it's a new bug. I don't remember so many editing glitches in the betas.

This one is a big problem, I'm sure hopeful the next quick update (week or two at most I hope) will address it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.