Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Daij-Djan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2004
I am running VPC 6.1 on osx 10.3.5 on a PB G4 1Ghz

---

As Guest OS I installed windows 98 in VPC
(tried XP but it takes ages to boot)

I ran 3 different games on it (of which I think all need DirectX components) (Worms, XCOM1 and XCOM2)

The problem is that the cursor is off two the left/top when the games run.
The 'hardware cursor' is not in sync with the software cursor...and is visible and movable although clicks are made with the software cursor.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Daij-Djan said:
I am running VPC 6.1 on osx 10.3.5 on a PB G4 1Ghz

---

As Guest OS I installed windows 98 in VPC
(tried XP but it takes ages to boot)

I ran 3 different games on it (of which I think all need DirectX components) (Worms, XCOM1 and XCOM2)

The problem is that the cursor is off two the left/top when the games run.
The 'hardware cursor' is not in sync with the software cursor...and is visible and movable although clicks are made with the software cursor.
The reason is that DirectX doesn't work properly under VPC. I strongly advise VPC users like you not to attempt playing games that require/use DirectX since you'll probably get issues like the one you described. The only fix is to either discontinue use of the game or play it on a real PC.

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Daij-Djan said:
It is 2D and only uses DirectInput and maybe DirectDraw
It doesn't matter what DirectX components are used or not used - the fact of the matter is that VPC and DirectX do not get along.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.