Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Glyphs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 24, 2023
Hi folks. I have setup a custom domain in iCloud and have been able to create my own custom email address, which has worked perfectly. However I am pulling my hair out trying to setup addresses for other people.

I go to the custom domain in the iCloud setting, and click the 'add people' button. It allows me to add the people (who each have an existing iCloud account) and I get a confirmation saying 'Invitation Sent'. The message states 'Your invitation to “<the person's email>” to use your domain “<my custom domain>” has been sent.'

However these people are not receiving any invitations to anything. Literally nothing happens. I'm not sure what I am doing wrong here, but it's unlike Apple for this process to feel this broken.

Can anyone shed light on this? I would imagine the person should receive the email, which then permits them to accept the invite and create their new email address using the custom domain?

Longstag

macrumors newbie
Mar 31, 2016
How can I add people (e.g. my family members) to use my custom domain?
Can’t find a „add people“ section to invite others.
We are sharing an iCloud+ subscription.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.