Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Versello

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 13, 2003
Is it possible to add specific folders into the sidebar in finder? I do a lot of web work and it's a pain that I store my websites in the "sites" dir, and I can't add it into the sidebar for quick access whenever I save something :( Thanks.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Re: Customizing finder sidebar

Originally posted by Versello
Is it possible to add specific folders into the sidebar in finder? I do a lot of web work and it's a pain that I store my websites in the "sites" dir, and I can't add it into the sidebar for quick access whenever I save something :( Thanks.

Just drag whatever you want to the sidebar.

raytube

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2003
Scotland
Hi,
Yep, you should be able to just drag and drop the folder into the sidebar, so if you have subfolders in your sites folder you should be able to put them all there.

Cheers,

Rick

prepuser

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2003
UK
The GREAT thing about OSX is that if you think of something you would like it to do - just try it!
9 times out of 10 somebodys thought of it.

i.e. I want folders in my sidebar - drag one there and see what happens.....Voila!

j33pd0g

macrumors 6502
Mar 20, 2003
Central NY
If you select this text you can drag it to the desktop. It'll make a text clipping that you can use in any text editor. Great drag 'n drop fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.