'Cut the Rope' Creators Launch 'Pudding Monsters' for iPhone and iPad

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Dec 19, 2012.

1. macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

A couple of weeks after showing off Pudding Monsters for the first time, Cut the Rope creator ZeptoLab has now released the new title in the App Store. The puzzle game involves sticking blocks of desserts together to create larger and larger dessert monsters.

[​IMG]
    The game is available in two separate versions, each priced at $0.99: an iPhone version [Direct Link] and an HD iPad version [Direct Link].

In an interview with Bloomberg about the release of the game, ZeptoLab CEO Misha Lyalin notes that the company plans to release five more games next year, including both new properties and follow-ups such as new Cut the Rope titles.

Article Link: 'Cut the Rope' Creators Launch 'Pudding Monsters' for iPhone and iPad

2. macrumors regular

This article makes me hungry :D

3. macrumors 6502

Again with the double dipping! I don't want to pay twice just so I can continue playing on the go… now I'm not buying either!

4. macrumors 65816

I get annoyed at this... if there isn't iCloud save syncs. If there is I don't mind buying twice as at the end of the day it's $2. I'll just not buy a drink or chocolate bar today or something!

5. macrumors 6502

It's crazy how cheap people are with prices for mobile apps. Especially if it's a "full" game that don't want you to by stuff in game I think paying $2 for both versions isn't very much.

But at the same time, since the release of new games and apps comes at a such high rate, if one buys many for $1 each it adds up. I guess one has to skip buying everything that seems interesting.

6. macrumors 68030

kbmb

If they keep both at .99 cents....then I don't mind. A universal app would probably have been $1.99 or more anyway.

I only bought the HD version.....but so far I don't see the iCloud sync :mad: They did it so well with Cut The Rope....wonder why it's not in this one.

-Kevin

7. macrumors 6502a

Xenc

It's not "double dipping". They are two separate devices with different specifications. Developers have every right to charge for the time it takes to adapt or rewrite their app for the iPhone or iPad.

8. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

You ever think about how stuffing iPad, iPhone, iPhone 5 material in one app is just a huge waste of space for those that only have one or the other?

9. macrumors G3

charlituna

Agree on both points. Put in syncing and just charge $1.99 for a universal app

10. macrumors 6502a

shinji

Fun game, but they don't give you many levels.

11. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

This game is such a rip off. I'm not even that good of a gamer to begin with, and it only took me one sitting to get through all 75 levels with three stars and all crowns. I'm glad I got the free Android version. I would be so p/o'd if I paid for this.

12. macrumors 6502a

Xenc

The game is aimed at a younger audience and will have updates. Nonetheless, "in one sitting" for most causal iPhone games is usually only a short duration. Don't expect too much from a 69p spend!

13. macrumors 604

Jessica Lares

When I can sit in the car for five minutes and knock out 20+ levels, that is a problem. Sure, it's for a younger audience, but so is Where's My Water? and that's much more challenging. It'll have updates, but I'd have deleted it from my device by that point.

14. macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

Its also available on android as well. Its free on there as well.