Dagwood Bumstead has a G5

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by wordmunger, Dec 7, 2004.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

This comic came out a couple weeks back, but it's finally available online. I can't link to it directly, but here's the link to the Blondie page:

http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/blondie/about.htm

Then choose "November 21" from the menu to see Dagwood's Powermac G5!

Actually, I've noticed that Dagwood's computer changes quite a lot. I've seen him with a G4, a G3, and a generic Windows type machine, but this is the first time I've seen him with a G5. He works in advertising, so it's really not much of a stretch that he'd have a mac.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Ah, but its not exactly obvious, though. You have any others that show the G4 and G3?

D

3. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Unfortunately, the archive doesn't go back that far. However, I think I remember his boss showing up with an Apple laptop -- can't remember if it's an AlBook or the Powerbook G3 -- complete with the Apple logo. It should be coming up on the archive in the next few days. Blondie's laptop (See November 22) is clearly not a Mac. But it's not a Dell either.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I hope that at some point we can see Dagwood with a Mac. If it isn't obvious it won't encourage sales. With Blonde in the November 22 comic, the laptop looks very generic.

5. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

6. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

That comic appeared this past Sunday (December 5, 2004). Dagwood was home sick in his bed and so was his boss, so the boss came over to Dagwoods and got in bed with him so they could get some work done. His boss was using an AlBook complete with a clearly visible Apple logo.

EDIT - I have attached a copy of the comic. Enjoy! :D

Attached Files:

7. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

... Or a 20-inch cinema display.

The real question is, does he use a wireless keyboard and mouse? I don't see any cords there.

8. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

Dagwood doesn't have bad taste either -- either in computers, or in women ;)

9. sgarringer macrumors regular

10. rueyeet macrumors 65816

rueyeet

Nope, the Nov. 21 strip is definitely showing a G5 and Cinema Display. Check out the hinge on the monitor where it's attached to the foot, and the foot itself, and then the underside of the G5 right behind that.

I'm not much for Blondie either....the attitudes of that strip are so very outdated.

11. OryHara macrumors regular

Totaly, I cant stand it any more, its just not funny!

The mac thing is cool though.

12. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Me too. And it gives me another reason to hate it when that idiot has a G5 and a Cinema Display and I don't. :(