Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
This comic came out a couple weeks back, but it's finally available online. I can't link to it directly, but here's the link to the Blondie page:

http://www.kingfeatures.com/features/comics/blondie/about.htm

Then choose "November 21" from the menu to see Dagwood's Powermac G5!

Actually, I've noticed that Dagwood's computer changes quite a lot. I've seen him with a G4, a G3, and a generic Windows type machine, but this is the first time I've seen him with a G5. He works in advertising, so it's really not much of a stretch that he'd have a mac.

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Original poster
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
Mr. Anderson said:
Ah, but its not exactly obvious, though. You have any others that show the G4 and G3?

D

Unfortunately, the archive doesn't go back that far. However, I think I remember his boss showing up with an Apple laptop -- can't remember if it's an AlBook or the Powerbook G3 -- complete with the Apple logo. It should be coming up on the archive in the next few days. Blondie's laptop (See November 22) is clearly not a Mac. But it's not a Dell either.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I hope that at some point we can see Dagwood with a Mac. If it isn't obvious it won't encourage sales. With Blonde in the November 22 comic, the laptop looks very generic.

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
wordmunger said:
I think I remember his boss showing up with an Apple laptop -- can't remember if it's an AlBook or the Powerbook G3 -- complete with the Apple logo.

That comic appeared this past Sunday (December 5, 2004). Dagwood was home sick in his bed and so was his boss, so the boss came over to Dagwoods and got in bed with him so they could get some work done. His boss was using an AlBook complete with a clearly visible Apple logo.

EDIT - I have attached a copy of the comic. Enjoy! :D

Attachments

• Blondie.jpg
    Blondie.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 215

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Nope, the Nov. 21 strip is definitely showing a G5 and Cinema Display. Check out the hinge on the monitor where it's attached to the foot, and the foot itself, and then the underside of the G5 right behind that.

I'm not much for Blondie either....the attitudes of that strip are so very outdated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.