Dashboard Needs Search Bar!!!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by TheMonarch, Jul 27, 2005.

1. TheMonarch macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

This is now getting rediculus, I have God-knows-how-many widgets installed in my system and its now getting to be a pain to look for a certain widget. I have to examine each icon or read every label to find it. If you only have a small ammount of widgets, its all good, but now... Ugh... Gimmie SEARCH BAR!!! I need it. Does anyone feel the same way?

A simple little search bar... Thats all... :eek:

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What's wrong with just using Spotlight? Do you want something actually inside Dashboard?

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

yeah you can use spotlight to open up the widgets, didnt know that till just now when i tried it, but say you are looking for the phone book widget, just type in phone book and it comes up in spotlight and you can open it up from there into dashboard, nifty

4. TheMonarch thread starter macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

I use spotlight sometimes, but I'm so used to google like searches and I instinctively and I press enter... Which brings up all of the results. Plus, spotlight is not THAT fast. I'd like dashboard to have iTunes like responsiveness (by only searching widgets) and narrow down widgets as I type.

5. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

And your signature:

:D

7. TheMonarch thread starter macrumors 65816

TheMonarch

I need to update my sig... But my current system is 1.67 GHz PB (17" Woo!) WITH 1.5 GB of ram... you can never have enough ram... Or Starbucks

:D

8. DeSnousa macrumors 68000

DeSnousa

Maybe someone will create one eventally.

Me i just use the dashboard widgets manger, it sorts it by name so if your looking for phone book go to the p section ;)

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

All too true. :p

And you're still finding Spotlight too slow? It's pretty much instant on my machines (iMac G5 and iBook G4). Almost to the point of me saying "boom" every time I use it. ;)