Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
This is now getting rediculus, I have God-knows-how-many widgets installed in my system and its now getting to be a pain to look for a certain widget. I have to examine each icon or read every label to find it. If you only have a small ammount of widgets, its all good, but now... Ugh... Gimmie SEARCH BAR!!! I need it. Does anyone feel the same way?

A simple little search bar... Thats all... :eek:

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
yeah you can use spotlight to open up the widgets, didnt know that till just now when i tried it, but say you are looking for the phone book widget, just type in phone book and it comes up in spotlight and you can open it up from there into dashboard, nifty

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
I use spotlight sometimes, but I'm so used to google like searches and I instinctively and I press enter... Which brings up all of the results. Plus, spotlight is not THAT fast. I'd like dashboard to have iTunes like responsiveness (by only searching widgets) and narrow down widgets as I type.

TheMonarch

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2005
Bay Area
mad jew said:
And your signature :D

I need to update my sig... But my current system is 1.67 GHz PB (17" Woo!) WITH 1.5 GB of ram... you can never have enough ram... Or Starbucks

:D

DeSnousa

macrumors 68000
Jan 20, 2005
Brisbane, Australia
Maybe someone will create one eventally.

Me i just use the dashboard widgets manger, it sorts it by name so if your looking for phone book go to the p section ;)

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
blaskillet4 said:
I need to update my sig... But my current system is 1.67 GHz PB (17" Woo!) WITH 1.5 GB of ram... you can never have enough ram... Or Starbucks

:D

All too true. :p

And you're still finding Spotlight too slow? It's pretty much instant on my machines (iMac G5 and iBook G4). Almost to the point of me saying "boom" every time I use it. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.