Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eugen Mezei

Suspended
Mar 21, 2015
I encourage you to try it out yourself.

I prefer to ask instead of reinventing the wheel.
I guess we can agree, nobody forced you to answer, especially not having an answer. (And not have understood the questio in the first place.)

The cost is not much and there is no risk in trying RAM.

I will if it is no other way. Until than I recommend you figure out what the purpose of forums is.

Great, I applaud that. You are a true hero.
Would be even more impressive if you yourself would know what you did. Seems you don't. I asked about low voltage memory, you go on and on about frequency. Was my question so difficult for you to understand?

Btw, exactly in this situation a risk of trying RAM exist. For the low voltage RAM.

Last edited by a moderator:

simie

macrumors 65816
Aug 26, 2004
Sitting
Im having the exact problem now when I tried to upgrade from 2*2GB to 4*4GB RAMs. Did you find any solution?

When I install 2*4GB (8GB total) rams alone - BEEP infinitely
When I install 3*4GB (12GB total) rams alone - BEEP infinitely
When I install 4*4GB (16GB total) rams alone - BEEP infinitely

But.....
When I install 2*4GB + 1*2GB(old one which came with the iMac) (10GB total) - Boot up fine
When I install 3*4GB + 1*2GB(old one which came with the iMac) (14GB total) - Boot up fine

Im unable to max the memory to 16GB because of this.

And here I am wondering how do I get 16GB to work? :(
I have a 2009 iMac 27" iCore 5 and I have just changed 2x2gb 1333Mhz Sodimms for 2x4gb 1333Mhz Sodimms and it boots and works perfectly. The reason for changing the modules was because the performance was pathetic. What a difference this extra ram made.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.