Dead Pixel

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dummptyhummpty, Jul 2, 2005.

1. dummptyhummpty macrumors regular

I just noticed my new PowerBook has a dead pixel (stays blue). Should I just ignore it or should I bring it back to the Apple Store. Would they give me a refurbished one and what would they do with all my data? Also I will be getting a 24" Dell soon so I would just see it when im in class or not in my room.

2. jane doe macrumors 6502

One dead pixel is within spec, they won't be able to do anything. I wouldn't worry about it and enjoy the powerbook.

3. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Apple has a policy on dead pixels, something like 5 or more for a return (not totally sure.) For just 1 dead pixel they won't help you- sorry. :(

What color is it? Maybe it's stuck. Some people have had success by 'massaging' a pixel into working again.

4. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

It actually sounds like it is a stuck pixel - there are some people with PSP's that have been having the same problem. There is something you can try - it is a movie that you run repeatedly that changes the colours of the LCD in quick succession. Some people have had good results. Have a read and see what you think.

Just to make you fell better, my Cinema Display has a few dead ones - they are hardly noticeable unless you look really hard. Unfortunately dodgy pixels are part and parcel of LCD monitors.

good luck!

aussie_geek

5. dummptyhummpty thread starter macrumors regular

Damn, the guy said they would because it's new. I'll call them next week. My mom's pretty pissed though.

6. dummptyhummpty thread starter macrumors regular

More info, that sounds right because I could sware it was not there before, just all of a sudden bam there it is.

7. dummptyhummpty thread starter macrumors regular

That sounds right ... i'll see what I can do thanks!