Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
io_burn said:
I'll try it tonight if no one else posts results by then. :)

Hey IO, any luck?

No worries, its going to be a while. I couldn't unload my BB gift card , so I am going to buy a new printer instead and have to earn the cash the old fashioned way.

However, I am still interested in MAME performance on a mini...Somebody's tried it already...

Yvan256

macrumors 603
Jul 5, 2004
Canada
kingjr3 said:
Someone has tried MAME on a mini, right? :eek:

I'll give it a try tonight. :D

Interested in a particular game performance? My prefered classics are Rygar, SlapFight/ALCON, Black Tiger, Samurai Shodown, R-Type.

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
I havent. I just wanted to compliment you on the politness of your original post. I dont think I have ever seen anything so formal and kind on Macrumors.

Not that there are rude people on Macrumors. Just that this jumped out to me.

Have a good day. And in case I dont see you, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight. ;)

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
Mr. Durden said:
Not that there are rude people on Macrumors.

Oh don't let the polite facade fool you, I can (and have) been rude on these boards too - sometimes I just can help it especially with stupid people! - see sig - :eek: :(

Thanks for the compliment though :)

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
Yvan256 said:
I'll give it a try tonight. :D

Interested in a particular game performance? My prefered classics are Rygar, SlapFight/ALCON, Black Tiger, Samurai Shodown, R-Type.

1942,1943,1944, Ms Pac Man, Bubble Bobble, Donkey Kong, MK (the original), TMNT, Paperboy, Rampage are just a few I love - although there are hundreds of others.

<shameless plug>
For anyone wondering, KingMAME v2.0 will begin in a couple weeks and I will once again be documenting it with pics. See pics of KingMAME v1.0 at http://jeremyron.com/gallery/MAME
</shameless plug>

Logik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2004
kingjr3 said:
<shameless plug>
For anyone wondering, KingMAME v2.0 will begin in a couple weeks and I will once again be documenting it with pics. See pics of KingMAME v1.0 at http://jeremyron.com/gallery/MAME
</shameless plug>

that is freakin awesome.. i am definitely interested in doing something like this... if only i had the money.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
acedickson said:
What is the total price for a King MAME? IF I were to build myself.

Total on that one was around $800ish in parts,lumber,tools,fasteners, etc. Mind you I already had the monitor, so I saved money there. If you are wondering where to find things, PM and I can help you find some vendors I used. Of course, my friend Google helped a lot.

King v2.0 is going to see a few changes. MDF instead of plywood, 21" TV instead of computer monitor, integrated speakers, laminate instead of paint, and of course - powered by a Mac mini.

Which is why I want to know performance.

Man, its going to take me a while.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.