Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

waelbahbahani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Hi,

Can anyone help me with this problem:

I forgot to deauthorize two laptops computer that I no longer own,

instaed i want to authorize my iphone to my family desktop, and my sister laptop

Help !! Help !!

:confused: :rolleyes: :confused: :rolleyes:

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
I think in your iTunes account settings you can deauthorize all computers. But you can only do that one per year. Then you can reauthorize the computers you want.

You won't even see that option unless all 5 of your authorization slots are taken. I did this once a few years ago.

rmb7984

macrumors regular
Apr 1, 2008
Tampa, FL
I had this problem too. In my case I had already used my 1 per year "deauthorize all." I emailed iTunes support and they deauthorized all of the computers on my account. I then had to reauthorize the computers I still had.

r6girl

Administrator/Project Manager
Staff member
Sep 6, 2003
New England
You won't even see that option unless all 5 of your authorization slots are taken. I did this once a few years ago.

This is true. I "forced" this about a week ago by having a cousin authorize his computer with my account so I would hit my maximum of 5 authorized computers and then used the "deauthorize all computers" button that finally appeared after that.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I think in your iTunes account settings you can deauthorize all computers. But you can only do that one per year. Then you can reauthorize the computers you want.

I'm not sure if there is a "once a year" limitation since I deauthorized all my computer at least twice last year.

if they are so old, just make a new account.

But you lose your purchases. :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.