Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Are any of you getting yours shipped directly to an Apple store? It seems like they have a more precise idea of when the package will reach the store.

This is what i did. Shipping direct to store, and since day 1 i had a precise expected delivery date, not a range of dates like most of you are citing. I'm thinking this may also be part of the reason why i'm seeing my machine delivered well before expected.

The downside is, even though it's been shipped, i don't have a tracking number :( so i can't constantly refresh my order page unfortunately.

In my country (Poland) there is no option to have a direct delivery to store :mad:

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Are any of you getting yours shipped directly to an Apple store? It seems like they have a more precise idea of when the package will reach the store.

This is what i did. Shipping direct to store, and since day 1 i had a precise expected delivery date, not a range of dates like most of you are citing. I'm thinking this may also be part of the reason why i'm seeing my machine delivered well before expected.

The downside is, even though it's been shipped, i don't have a tracking number :( so i can't constantly refresh my order page unfortunately.
I was actually debating shipping it in store (about 30 minutes drive) because I'll have to pick up anyway my Apple Care in store and I'm also thinking it might be wiser to ship it there in case it arrives during holidays ...

Do you know if it is still possible to change the shipping info and you need to pick it up right away or you can wait a few days ??

Rafterman

Contributor
Apr 23, 2010
I was actually debating shipping it in store (about 30 minutes drive) because I'll have to pick up anyway my Apple Care in store and I'm also thinking it might be wiser to ship it there in case it arrives during holidays ...

Do you know if it is still possible to change the shipping info and you need to pick it up right away or you can wait a few days ??

Even if you can, I wouldn't mess with it unless you absolutely have to. Those sort of things can cause you to get sent back to the end of the line.

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016

Even if you can, I wouldn't mess with it unless you absolutely have to. Those sort of things can cause you to get sent back to the end of the line.

I don't think there is a choice, however I don't have this option, so I might be wrong.

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
I see you can modify the shipping information/address but there is no pick up info shown ...
Like you said better not mess with it :oops:

knassar

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2015
the Cloud

I doubt you can change the shipping method after your order has been finalized :( I was having the same worries about it arriving and waiting for me at the store for a long time.. in the conditions it says "Apple will send you a few notifications to come get your product but reserves the right to cancel your order if you do not show up after a while".

Now it looks like i'll get my mbp before my holidays even start ^^

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
My credit card was just charged. Also, the shipping date moved from 28th-6th to 27th-3rd.
From reading other threads, I believe that it should go out for shipment during next week. Hope I will see it before the estimated delivery window :)

Reactions: ocgirl

Raptura

Suspended
Sep 6, 2008
Toronto, Canada / London, UK
My credit card was just charged. Also, the shipping date moved from 28th-6th to 27th-3rd.
From reading other threads, I believe that it should go out for shipment during next week. Hope I will see it before the estimated delivery window :)
Nice, my card was charged as well. Ordered 20th November also with US keyboard layout like yourself. 15"/2.9/512GB/460. Was worried the keyboard change might delay it.

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
22 Dec - 4 Jan - my order is still processing even though its been charged.
Awesome news! I'm on the 28th-4th window. I originally placed an order on the 11/14 but canceled and reorder on the 12/1 changed my mind about the specs.
Wondering if I could see some changes by next week

ocgirl

macrumors regular
Feb 25, 2011
France
Lucky !! Keep us updated.
On my side I just called my bank to insure that they wouldn't block the card because of the high amount ... hoping to see some movement soon ; but I ordered fairly late (02/12).

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
My creditcard got a reservation today. Still in processing though.

In other thread there was a case that the reservation/payment occurred on Saturday (like we had), production of the model on Monday, and shipped on Thursday. Hope this means, that our laptops will go out for shipping at the end of next week! If this happens, for sure we will get them before our delivery windows.

Ordered nov22 based 13inch with touch bar no movement, shipping dec18-28

That's strange. If I were you, I would go to the Apple Store and get one. I am sure that there are some base models.

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
Hey!

I ordered on the 1st of December couple of days after yours. What are my chances to see some changes in the coming week? I'm in the 2-3 weeks shipping window with an estimated 28th dec -4th jan delivery

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Hey!

I ordered on the 1st of December couple of days after yours. What are my chances to see some changes in the coming week? I'm in the 2-3 weeks shipping window with an estimated 28th dec -4th jan delivery

Do you have any movements on your credit card? Mine was billed yesterday, so there should be some movement during upcoming week.

My estimates are close to yours, so everything depends if they are true or not. If the shipping occurs quickly, I suppose that our MBPs should be delivered before the estimated window.

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
Do you have any movements on your credit card? Mine was billed yesterday, so there should be some movement during upcoming week.

My estimates are close to yours, so everything depends if they are true or not. If the shipping occurs quickly, I suppose that our MBPs should be delivered before the estimated window.
Nothing so far... did you get charged or was it an authorization?
I've been following all the threads concerning the delivery. Kinda weird that people ordered mid November and haven't been charged yet. It seems that there's no waiting list followed and it's all random.

ZeDog

macrumors member
Nov 29, 2016
Germany
I've been following all the threads concerning the delivery. Kinda weird that people ordered mid November and haven't been charged yet. It seems that there's no waiting list followed and it's all random.
Charging usually happens once Apple wants to ship it out. A Block of that many happens several days before shipment

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016

I had a debit card, so there is no authorization process. The funds are transferred immediately.

That's true, it's more of the random process process. However, I realized that the most often chosen specs are going quicker. IMO stock models are slower due to higher demand for the retail stores.

Jckan

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2016
Dubai
I had a debit card, so there is no authorization process. The funds are transferred immediately.

That's true, it's more of the random process process. However, I realized that the most often chosen specs are going quicker. IMO stock models are slower due to higher demand for the retail stores.
Yeah I guess you are right. It might depends on specs and region. I ordered a 2.6/1TB/460 with US keyboard.
Excited for you guys seeing changes in your order, it keeps my hopes up! thanks for sharing your status !

Guicee

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2016
Still waiting on CC charge/authorization...

IMG_7826.PNG

PineAppleMac

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 1, 2016
Still waiting on CC charge/authorization...

View attachment 677416

Long time waiting bro.. I ordered 2 weeks after you and got charged yesterday. As I mentioned before, I think it's all about the configuration. I think I have luck since I ordered pretty often chosen spec. That's why only after 2 weeks I got charged.

But don't want to be overly excited unless I see preparing for shipment status. Hope it will happen during this week, and see some movements on your side too!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.