Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glay

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2004
Mike Teezie said:
A shot of me in New Orleans this weekend, about to get in my car:

Click for fullsize.

Hey, I was just wondering how you got your contact list to appear clear at the top left hand side of your desktop? Are you using adium as your chat client program? Also I was wondering what program the little brown monster represents next to your safari icon? And also the videogame console icon? And also the talking bubble in your top right hand corner next to the country flag. Sorry, its just that im a mac newbie & I think your desktop is really cool! Thanks =)

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
glay said:
Hey, I was just wondering how you got your contact list to appear clear at the top left hand side of your desktop? Are you using adium as your chat client program?

By cmd-click'n'drag... as it looks like Adium by the duck in the top-menu...

glay

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2004
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
By cmd-click'n'drag... as it looks like Adium by the duck in the top-menu...

But how do you make the contact list clear with the names just listed? Is there an option or something additional I must download?

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
glay said:
But how do you make the contact list clear with the names just listed? Is there an option or something additional I must download?
Go into Adium's preferences, choose Contact List, and play around with the different style options. It's there that you customize the contact list's appearance.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
Same as last month (I think.) Got it at deviantart.com

Attachments

• Picture-1.jpg
    Picture-1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 216

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
wrldwzrd89 said:
Go into Adium's preferences, choose Contact List, and play around with the different style options. It's there that you customize the contact list's appearance.
Yep, you can make it clear by changing the opacity to 0% You might have to change the color of the names so that they will show up on depending on your desktop background/application windows.

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
As for the little monster icon, it's an alternate Adium icon. They have a ton on their website that you can use (I have the HAL lens on my dock)

Pittsax

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2004
Toronto, Ontario
puckhead193 said:
Did you make that yourself, or did u find it off the web? Can you post a link if you did? :p
I got it off the web, but for the life of me, I can't remember the website. I've linked it from my online storage site, but I want to make it absolutely clear that this isn't my picture. If I ever figure out where it's from, I'll be sure to give the appropriate credit.

Think Different Earth

glay

macrumors member
Sep 1, 2004
Pittsax said:
As for the little monster icon, it's an alternate Adium icon. They have a ton on their website that you can use (I have the HAL lens on my dock)

Thanks for that!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
neilrobinson said:
print screen, then paste it into paint or something
I do this all the time. It makes use of the Print Screen key, sometimes called PrntSc or something similar. You press it, and a picture of the screen goes into the clipboard (Windows does not give any feedback that it actually took a picture). You then paste that picture into Paint or some other graphics program and work with it from there.

Freakk123

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2003
Bronx, NY
Thanks to markjones05 for helping me w/ resizing

Here is one of 4 pictures of Elisha Cuthbert I have as my desktop on 1 computer (they rotate every 15 minutes)

Attachments

• elishadesktop.jpg
    elishadesktop.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 339

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Freakk123 said:
Here is one of 4 pictures of Elisha Cuthbert I have as my desktop on 1 computer (they rotate every 15 minutes)

On the computer at my Dads house (a family computer) I have this picture of Walden pond in Massachusetts that I took set as my desktop:

EDIT:
How do I resize images from an external site (in this case my own) so they aren't too large?

Save to disk open in preview export to jpeg make size 102400 bytes.

jrv3034

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2002
Freakk123 said:
Thanks to markjones05 for helping me w/ resizing

So, um... where are the other three? ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.