Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
I'm sure I could probably figure this out with a little searching, but I tought I'd ask the people using iOS 7 already.

The iOS 7 page on Apple's website makes several references to Bing. Is Bing the default search engine, or is it still Google? If it's Bing, is there a way to change it back to Google?

Sorry if this is a completely stupid question, but I'm genuinely curious. Thanks!

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
I'm sure I could probably figure this out with a little searching, but I tought I'd ask the people using iOS 7 already.

The iOS 7 page on Apple's website makes several references to Bing. Is Bing the default search engine, or is it still Google? If it's Bing, is there a way to change it back to Google?

Sorry if this is a completely stupid question, but I'm genuinely curious. Thanks!

Google is default for Safari.

Siri uses Bing.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
You can say.. "Search Google for blah blah" and it will work. Still not default though.

Hopefully the release version will include some way to change it since you can change it in iOS 6. Thought we were passed the days where carriers and phone makers locked you in to one search engine :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.