Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

piras

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Hi all, just wondering if I am the only one with a defective battery. Have had this beautiful Macbook (not macbook pro) a whole 5 days and the battery only holds a 2:30Hr charge:( The first time I charged it it held something like 5 hours. Replies would be nice...

Nate4747

macrumors regular
May 7, 2006
Missouri
It depends, have you calibrated your battery yet? Also turn off BT, AP, turn brightness down, take out any CD's or DVD's and then see what estimates it gives you. Mine with AP on at 20% brightness is just at 5 hours. Not bad at all I think.

piras

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2006
How do you calibrate a battery? Also my ibook holds easily 4 hours with everything on and the battery is two years old.

faintember

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2005
the ruins of the Cherokee nation
piras said:
How do you calibrate a battery?
Information is in your User Manual that came with your MB.(hint...read the dang manual) Basically charge the battery to 100% (i tend to let it sit there for a while), then discharge the battery until the computer shuts itself off, then plug back in and charge it up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.